what to do on a rainy day?

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well today is so wet ill likely get nothing done around the place. and it just so happens I came across a fellow yesterday who was selling potatoes on the side of the road. 50lbs for $20 or two bags for $35. so of coarse I bought 2 bags... impulse buy I guess. let's not mention all the potatoes I have planted here

anyway I got lucky and unloaded one of the bags on an unsuspecting neighbor. still have 5plbs to deal with before they go bad. I'm thinking about canning some today. at least it's something done.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so we are going with canning the potatoes. our goal is 21 quarts. that's 3 rounds.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got 2 1/4” yesterday evening. It has rained off and on today, just enough to keep everything wet. I have done a load of laundry , it’s still in the dryer. I baked a pound cake. Ummm..... I took a nap. Watching TV, dogs in floor asleep, got chicken wings thawing out for supper, trying hard to keep my ambition as close to zero as possible.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
cooking, washing some blankets, tagged pictures, put a few on the website (more to go), cut up a watermelon, did some dishes, etc. just a puttering kind of day. this morning i get to check on the worm buckets and get some melon peels added to those (it is something worms love for sure). always fun to see my worm buddies... :)

HomesteaderWife

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good thing to be canning all those potatoes!

(Raining here - hoping to do some writing or indoor crafting? Best time to clean house and tidy up)

Latest posts