What to do with antelope medallions

chickypoo

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
My brother shot his first antelope (single shot, :D running at 50 yards) and my dad brought me some medallions when he and mom came for a visit. I already had one, pan fried and it was amazing. :clap

However, I have two more little beauties and only one person to feed so I am trying to find two more recipes suitable for antelope. I do have a crock pot so I could do something with that but I don't know what. Any thoughts?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Medallions are a cut...I think off of the tenderloin. Just little round baby steaks.

chickypoo

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Don't worry, nothing as gross as those little things we tell everyone are oysters :rolleyes:.

I think they are off the tenderloin, I'm not entirely sure. But they are amazingly tender so I just want to do something special with them. Doesn't anyone have an idea?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
If medallions are parts of the tenderloin, I would recommend barbecuing it medium rare. You can rub some steak spices on it and let it sit for a bit to warm up to room temperature before cooking--. but tenderloin is the best cut of meat--so best cooked medium rare. Add some barbecued potaotoes and asparagus Yummm!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I agree with miss_thenorth....cook them in a simple way to enjoy the tenderness of them. Don't crock pot them, that will ruin them....well won't ruin them but you slow cook things that are naturally tough, like a chuck roast, not filet mignon!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We always do tenderloin the same way....roll in flour and cornmeal, season, fry. I like it best with a big slab of sweet onion and on fresh homemade bread! What other way could beat that? :p :D