What to do with chicken entrails

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
gettinaclue said:
we throw them in the road and watch the soccer moms wash their windshields when they squish a juicy blood filtering liver
:lol: :lol: :lol: :gig :gig :gig

Yes, I eat chicken liver. I even will eat a calf liver if it's breaded and fried with onions. I can only eat liver once a year at home though - DH can't stand the sight or smell of it...but he humors me while I gorge myself..he even bought me some once. The shock of that almost killed me. LOL

I no longer eat Taco Bell...I call it taco he**. I just can't stomach the stuff.
Can i please send you some money for some real meat and an apple pie, or do you prefer the sweetmeats? shudder . . .

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
xpc wrote:
gettinaclue wrote:
we throw them in the road and watch the soccer moms wash their windshields when they squish a juicy blood filtering liver

Yes, I eat chicken liver. I even will eat a calf liver if it's breaded and fried with onions. I can only eat liver once a year at home though - DH can't stand the sight or smell of it...but he humors me while I gorge myself..he even bought me some once. The shock of that almost killed me. LOL

I no longer eat Taco Bell...I call it taco he**. I just can't stomach the stuff.

Can i please send you some money for some real meat and an apple pie, or do you prefer the sweetmeats? shudder . . .
real meat and an apple pie? no thanks liver and a cobbler will be just fine. :p :lol:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When we butcher....we usually do 10 - 25 at a time. I have a big old fire going in the burn pit...thats where I heat the big pot of water for dipping....feathers and "stuff" go in the fire. The heart, liver, and gizzards we save. I LOVE them!! Fried...ohhhh yum!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yum! wrap your chicken livers with bacon, secure with toothpick, and place under broiler until crispy browned. :drool

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
blech! Chicken livers... my dad is welsh and he loves them with his scrambled egg lol. Mum made them one morning and they got mixed with MY scrambled egg, ohhh I was horrified. I was made to eat it anyway, but it was not my cuppa.
That's funny, my dad's welsh too (he grew up in Aberystwyth) and he loves liver... any liver... but especially lamb. The smell makes me want to vomit :) As a kid they always made us 'try everything at least once'... I put so much HP sauce on my lamb liver that you couldn't even tell there was any meat under the pile of sauce.

I would feed chicken innards to our dogs and cat, and probably freeze them in meal size bags for the dogs, along with the wings which I don't eat.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
WE are processing 3 cockerals today, --they started crowing last week, so they need to go. When we do the chickens, we usually have an audience of dogs, cats, and chickens waiting for scraps. The feathers go to compost, intestines go in the burn barrel, feet go to the dogs, and the rest fight over everything else. We take the breast, legs, and bones.

A side note, my dogs are not raw fed either, but they love their little raw scoobie snacks. They love processing day.