What ya got left for Christmas?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I only have to get one more set of plastic furniture for the doll house my Dad made for Nicole. No rush, will hit a store soon lol

then I am absolutely done!

everything is decorated, cleaned up, put away, wrapped and DONE

I am absolutely stress free at this point! WEE

so how close are you to being stress free right now?
are ya done yet?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We JUST finished one tree yesterday....still have the one to put up in the family room, hopefully today. None of the outside decorations are up...I have one gift for the DIL and grand daughter...2 for hubby. Still need to buy for son, grandson...4 grandsons in OKC, and one for the family party. Oh, I am NOT stress free.... :/

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
2 gift cards and then I'm done.
Now I'm working on birthdays. Both of my girls are December babies, on the 15th and 29th. Busy month.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've just barely started! There are not enough hours in the day.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
justusnak said:
We JUST finished one tree yesterday....still have the one to put up in the family room, hopefully today. None of the outside decorations are up...I have one gift for the DIL and grand daughter...2 for hubby. Still need to buy for son, grandson...4 grandsons in OKC, and one for the family party. Oh, I am NOT stress free.... :/
Wow you do 2 trees.
I thought of this, then thought, heck no double the take-down work
haha

yep you into the stress big time! :( :gig

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Javamama said:
2 gift cards and then I'm done.
Now I'm working on birthdays. Both of my girls are December babies, on the 15th and 29th. Busy month.
yea Dec b-day is hard

mine is tuesday and mom just gives me money as usual

my cousins is Dec 25....she said she never felt like it was special only because the other kids were into their Xmas toys......oh well, it happens

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I've just barely started! There are not enough hours in the day.
you need christmas elf intervention and fast

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have to buy one gift. I discovered while wrapping I had overlooked one. I try to be finished by Thanksgiving. But oh well. Guess I will brave the crowds. What little decorating I do is done.

My granddaughter's b'day is Dec 29th. After the fiasco last year with her first birthday party my DD and I talked. All future birthday parties will be in June. Far, far a way from Christmas.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yesterday was the official decorating day. We cleaned up and moved the furniture around. Then headed for the attic. Last year I organized and stored my stuff in great plastic tubs. So it went pretty well. I bought the new fat colored LED lights for the tree. I got them last year at an end of season sale. The tree looks great. All colorful with big fat bulbs. Like it did when we were kids. I hope between the led outdoor lights and the tree the electric bill will stay down. It was fun to see the kids get excited about every ornament. Like they had never seen them before.

I ordered 3 gifts on line last week. They should be coming soon. I think next week I will be power shopping. I have 3 hours in the morning with no kids while my little one is at school. I am trying to decide what to get my girls. They keep moaning about those American Girl dolls which are insanely expensive and a waste. Then yesterday we stopped at the feed store. They have brought in a ton of stuff for Christmas and had a whole Breyer horse display. They girls oohed and awed. Which got me thinking. I went on CL and found a huge Breyer barn locally. So if I can get the barn the I will add some horse sets. But that's still and if.

Today I am going to tr and finish some of my knotted blankets. I got burnt out on them and sewing in general. Got to get going on them again.

It will all come together. I hope.

g

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I usually decorate Thanksgiving but I had some kind of bug and just didn't feel like it. So today is that day, but first I have my annual book club girls shopping trip. We have breakfast at Crackerbarrel and then hit the mall. I only have son #2 left to shop for.

Latest posts