What's for dinner?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Worked outside allll day and I was hungry when I got in. Wanted real food, but didn't want to work too hard for it. Grabbed a bunch of home canned stuff - pork chunks, potatoes, green beans and carrots. Threw it together with a few seasonings and called it stew. Yum - it hit the spot.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
half a can of off brand spaghetti-o's (which we've decided we don't like, but i can eat them anyways) added cottage cheese on top with oregano, nutmeg and cinnamon. didn't even bother heating it up.

lunch was bean burritoes. yum. :) snack was small bowl of ice-cream which had half a banana, some almonds, thick cut raw oats and chocolate sauce. the oats make it go a lot longer and i get a lot of chewing in (think of a horse eating from the bucket and you're getting close to how it feels...) and all of that chewing makes it very satisfying and hits the spot for the kind of oral fixation i seem to have some times. after i'm done i drink a glass of water.

changing my ways a little has helped with the diet, halfs on most things plus trying to eat more meals together with Mom. once in a while a real challenge to not get into the sweets but i'm mostly doing ok and that is working. in a few more weeks i should be back to where i was at the end of summer (except i've traded muscle for fat) and should be gradually being more active. i have a fun (not really) project i'll have to do soon to get ready for the mess at the end of the driveway. moving bricks out of the way. it's not been very dry or very warm so i wonder if i'll be doing it with the rake from uphill instead of standing in the ditch and doing it from a much better angle ... we'll see... :)