What's for dinner?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Garden goodness. Halved stuffed green peppers, topped with diced tomatoes, tomatoes puree and shredded mozzarella cheese.
IMG_20221005_184801369.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I found a recipe for stuffed cabbage that I might try. It looks like a meat loaf mixture wrapped in a single cabbage leaf. I love cooked cabbage. This would be entirely for me, DH doesn't do cabbage.

I wonder if I could add shredded cabbage to the meat mixture or would it be better to use a double layer of cabbage? Anyone who makes cabbage rolls have any suggestions?

I am intolerant of peppers, they make me sick for days so I avoid if I can. But I like them enough to eat small amounts - chili peppers are better tolerated than bell peppers for some reason. Stuffed peppers would send me over the cliff big time. lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wonder if I could add shredded cabbage to the meat mixture
I don't see why not. I use cauliflower rice in ours instead of rice. I can't think it would be that different. Maybe the cabbage has a bit more moisture than cauliflower but I still bet it would be ok. Let us know if you try it!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i would love stuffed cabbage rolls with extra cabbage cut up and cooked with it. to me a good vegetable soup isn't quite right without cabbage. also love saurkraut.

as for peppers do you tolerate red peppers? i'd miss those as i do love them roasted and plain and raw or used in many ways. hot peppers i can do in moderation but some kinds i do really enjoy their flavors (habineros i can skip). super hot stuff i'll pass on. i don't like pain. :)

good chilis are heaven though. i can cook with those a lot if i can get them, but i have to eat it all myself as Mom won't touch anything with too much spice in it. i made a batch of chili for her last night without any chili powder in it at all. :(

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I sometimes take basically a cabbage roll filling and wrap it in the very thin sliced shabu shabu meat. Adding shredded cabbage to it would make it tastier I think.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
as for peppers do you tolerate red peppers?

If you are talking red bell peppers - no. Red, yellow, orange and green bell peppers are all off limits for me.
Chile peppers are OK in small amounts.

I am glad to still be able to eat the chile peppers. They add so much flavor to food. Anaheim are my favorite right now - low heat (500 to 2500 Scoville) but good flavor. Don't like the hot pepperss, I like to taste my food. Some jalapenos are OK (2500 to 8000 scovilles), most are too hot.

Latest posts