What's for dinner?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm just catching up on this and it's breakfast time...I'm reading with my coffee. :caf Don't remember what I had last night! Well, got home and went to feed. Found snake in barn, it was dispatched! (Sure remember that) Fed, back in and grabbed something. Know I had a glass of nice wine & fell asleep in chair trying to watch news. Long day and all so I just wanted to rest.

Thinking I will rummage in freezer, find something "pork" & throw it in the crockpot with some seasonings. We'll see what I have when I get home from work. Yeah, work today 12-6, giving people crackers....what a job! LOL Then I'm off for 3 days with what is supposed to be good weather. Cranking up the tiller and the tractor for some wanna do & gotta do stuff each day.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Chickens let out, steers fed their treat now it's time for coffee with Pumpkin spice creamer.
Don't have a clue what's for dinner tonight- waiting on family to get here from Texas. :barnie

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are doing in another rooster today, so that's what's for dinner. I like to roast them on the Spanek vertical roaster- makes for lovely crispy skin all the way around. I'm all out of cauliflower, so I think green beans coated with oil and seasonings and roasted, low carb ice cream with fresh strawberries.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm lazy today, so I put two shop bought frozen pizzas in the oven for me and DS. Vegetables for me and cheese and ham for him. I got some lamb chops cheap at the supermarket this week, along with some mince, so that is the next two dinners taken care of.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm making potato soup. I took DS (12) to the doctor this a.m.. He has a respiratory viral thing going on. So home for a couple of days. She said to try and keep him away from everyone else because of the coughing. He is the only one with his own room so that's easy enough but he doesn't like being stuck in his room but he is sleeping a lot. He got chicken noodle soup for lunch but only ate a slice of toast with jelly and a few sips of soup. Maybe he'll like the potato soup better.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I went to the local Mennonite bulk goods store and got inspired! I'm making pea soup. Conveniently, the leftovers from the last soup i made match up with the ingredients list of the recipe I'm trying. :gig I mentioned in a different thread I'm a lazy housekeeper? yeah, I'm a lazy cook too!

Also having roast mutton with onions, and a loaf of oat bread.

Oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert for me and the kids. DH doesn't like them. He'll be annoyed I made them. Whatever, he's not the only person who eats around here!

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@tortoise, did you ever try those oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips instead of raisins? They're a huge hit here! They're my youngest son's favorite and my husband likes them too... ;)