FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Last night....yum
20240328_171901.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
some form of chicken today. we'll have some of the chicken made into a-la king and also some will be turned into bbq chicken.

on top of that we have easter ham and veggie and beef soup just hanging around.

this is just a crazy amount of food to have on hand and a lot of it should end up in the freezer but i'm not sure we have that much room. a lot of it was already given away along with some beef stroganoff.

we were expecting visitors today but i think that's now been cancelled. even if someone does by chance show up we're not going to be short of feed...

it's a good thing i don't mind doing dishes.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sometimes it overtakes us! I have some things in freezer that I need to can, not just cook & try to find freezer space again 😁

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had some baked chicken thighs and roasted asparagus. Fried some rutabagas and onions with just a few sprays of Pam spray. Noticed lately that anything with much fat in it is upsetting DH's stomach. Won't hurt that there are less calories too.

Picked up some SF ice cream so he (we) could have a little treat. When we are more careful about carbs/calories he tends to go hypoglycemic more often. Those times he can enjoy something a little more decadent, lol. (if you consider SF ice cream decadent) We will be adjusting his pump settings Friday at the endocrinologist appt and hope that alleviates that problem.

Latest posts