What's for dinner?

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm outta ideas and nothing I can think of sounds good. What are you having today?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I woke up to a foggy cool morning. Which for me warrants a big pot of split pea with bacon and lots of carrots. Home made skillet corn bread on the side. Of course!! :D

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hmmm. I'm thinking of BBQ meatballs. Crusty bread. Cheesy pasta. Salad maybe... I'm lookin at my new cookbook too.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I dragged out chicken breasts to defrost and Mom came to visit and took them.....lol

Dad came and helped Tony plant 2 trees in the front yard and Mom said she had to hit the store for chicken....I said take mine home...lol....I got tons in the freezer.

but I am defrosting a sirloin steak for the grill, corn on the cob, mashed taters and gravy and small salad

dessert is a cherry pie I will be baking later today

out of ideas----OMG am I there with you on that one. All the food gets so boring after a while and that is when I go out to a restaurant just for a change of pace. If I go totally numb with dinner ideas, I hit the road and eat out....then I again appreciate my own great food haha

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Smorgasborg...today has been deemed clean out the leftovers from the fridge day. I take everything out, put it on a pizza pan, pop it in the oven to reheat, and everybody gets what they want. The rest goes to the dog and chickens which is never much...poor animals ;)

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We had steak for dinner last night. So I'm making a big pot of beef vegetable soup with the leftover steak. I also have a bunch of fresh vegetables that needed to be used up so all that got thrown in there too. I will also make some homemade bread. That will be our dinner then our breakfast, lunch and dinner for probably the next week. :p

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I just put a lamb roast in the slow cooker with potatoes and carrots. I'm gonna be busy all afternoon ( hafta take advantage of this gorgeous weather!!!) so when we all come in in the evening, we can just scoop out what we want. small salad already prepared and in the fridge--just needs dressing.

That split pea soup sounds good, I haven't had it in about a year--I think I will put it on next weeks menu. :)

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We've had alot of beef lately because I'm making room for our next order. A turkey dinner is sounding good.

I decided on tacos. Doesn't really sound good to me but it's one of the few meals all the kids like :rolleyes:

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
We're having turkey leftover from our "one day late Canadian thanksgiving, on account of turkey not being entirely defrosted" dinner yesterday. I roasted a 14 lb bone-in turkey breast, from our giant turkey Larry last year, and expect to be eating slices of white meat for approximately the rest of my life, sigh :p

That probably does not help YOUR plans much though.

Whatcha got on hand that you could stand to use up, maybe we can think of ideas?

Pat

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Smorgasborg...today has been deemed clean out the leftovers from the fridge day. I take everything out, put it on a pizza pan, pop it in the oven to reheat, and everybody gets what they want. The rest goes to the dog and chickens which is never much...poor animals ;)
We call this CORD or CORN at our house. :)

CORD - Clean Out Refrigerator Day

CORN - Clean Out Refrigerator Night

Latest posts