What's the price of turkeys in your area?

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
2dream said:
FC

Edited to add: Kroger pretty much has a monopoly around here other than a few small chains - all out of my way. There are 3 Krogers in my immediate driving area. All 3 price differently. The one I was at yesterday has the lowest prices on most items other than special sales at the other 2 stores.
2-dream....... what was the price? I bought mine @ Dillons which is another name for Kroger and it was .99cents a pound.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
bambi said:
2dream said:
FC

Edited to add: Kroger pretty much has a monopoly around here other than a few small chains - all out of my way. There are 3 Krogers in my immediate driving area. All 3 price differently. The one I was at yesterday has the lowest prices on most items other than special sales at the other 2 stores.
2-dream....... what was the price? I bought mine @ Dillons which is another name for Kroger and it was .99cents a pound.
1.29 lb

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Even at that price, it's cheaper than a pound of beef, so why not?

I saw it advertised for $0.49 cents, which is up 20 cents from last year.

Neiklot

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If i buy it from friends or local "selfsufficient" people it's about 60-80kr for one kg.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

your posts with the conversions just make me smile Neik
cause I have to actively try to find that conversion
and then I can kinda come near the price you mean per US dollar per LB....lol

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
99 cents here ( not butterball).. I purchased a sprial cut honey ham at HeB last Wenesday and got the Turkey ( 10lb) free... I could of gotten the free turkey up to 12 lbs..

May go back up and just get a another turkey after sister in law comes and gets this one to cook for Thanksgiving.. I want one put back for later ... will have ham proable for Christmas..

I have waited for HEB's Holiday deals every season for years.. When boys were still at home that how I made it through the holidays... buy the ham get turkey free.. Have turkey for thanks giving and Ham for Christmas..
Now that I'm married again hard to break old habits.. LOL..
The boys and I could eat all week on the left overs too !!!

Went and looked and the name on out side is RiverSide .. It does have the Giblet though at least says so on package. LOL..