What's your favorite source for non-electric items?

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Deb it is the Market in Shrewsbury: http://www.marketsatshrewsbury.com/
LOVE that place, probably the closest good one to us. I don't know much about prices compared to other places, and as I said, I've never been there with a "focus" on SS type stuff. They do have quite a bit of bulk stuff in their grocery. They might be my most practical source for bulk rice. I'd like to start buying it in bigger batches, no sense in buying little bags all the time. I would prefer organic brown rice if I can get it though. Dunno what they'll have.
I did buy a sassafrass soda there once! It was good! :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's too far from me. We do have a couple of Amish markets near us, they sell stuff in bulk, but I've never seen any non electric items there. Maybe I'll look some when I'm in Lancaster, see what I can find-if I have time.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
No clue how far it is from Lancaster. It is almost directly north of Balto, so it might be a bit away from Lancaster.
I am sure Lancaster has its own stores.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Yep, I thought the name of the town sounded familiar, so I checked to see where it was. That's how we used to go to take my daughter to camp in the summer.

luvinlife offthegrid

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good responses! :thumbsup I checked the links that people listed, and browsed a bit. :caf The only other web sites or catalogs I've looked into are real goods, plow and hearth, and gardener's supply company. I don't buy tons of stuff from them, but they're good for ideas. Camping supply places are ok, but if you plan to use something n a daily basis, the items might not hold up to daily use. And I would rather not use battery operated things for long-term daily use if I can help it (flashlights). I havent had a power outage in quite some time though. ;)