What's your Shower Number?

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't understand. I never did get a number.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Boogity said:
I don't understand. I never did get a number.
It's working. You enter YOUR number. As in, how frequently you shower.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Hmmm, so is this a private poll or something? I don't really get it either. I shower a couple times per week in the winter, sometimes twice a day in the summer, depending on activities and of course there's the "sweat factor." If I shower more than that in the winter, my skin and scalp takes immediate revenge :lol: Sometimes I wish I was a chicken and could just dust bathe :p It seems like such a waste of time and resources some days :/ I'm not really one to have horrible B.O. though either, but some folks require more frequent bathing/showering whatever than other folks. I guess it really depends on the person more than anything. :hu Like, I usually shower before AND after getting in a pool, because the chemicals mess me up if I don't. Not to mention, some folks have more body hair. I apparently took after my Cherokee heritage on that one, and do not have much, and more hair contributes to more body odors. I think cleanliness is a personal thing and there are a TON of variables. I don't really think there's a right or wrong or too frequent or too infrequent, so long as I aint gotta smell ya and you aint gotta smell me ;)

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can't fill in the poll, because my answers are totally variable. :hu

I shower as needed, similar to Cindi it's way less often in the winter months and sometimes twice a day in hotter weather. I don't always use deodorant (I use a crystal and I don't need to re-apply every day). The "spot-cleaning" question cracked me up. :lol: My "area that needs attention first" isn't on the list--it's my head because I have extremely oily skin and my limiting factor on how often I shower is how oily my hair gets. And I never use a scent, I have allergies as do friends and family--in my world "scented" people are complete and utter health hazards.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You mean you're supposed to shower? :hide

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Navy boat showers here. We have an ancient tiny septic and it can't handle to much in the rainiest months. With power out I learned that I can shower in less than 2 gallons of water in an outdoor shower bag. Using milk jugs, it's 2 to 3. With the low flow shower head that can be turned off, I probably use less shower water in a week than the average american does in a day.

DH will skip showers and wash with a wash cloth in the sink.

My hair gets gunky because it's very fine and limp. I cannot stand it. It's not really the oil, it gets nasty if I've been sweating some. Mom has the same issue. My niece will end up with it as well since she has the same type of hair as we do. I've found trying to wash just the hair doesn't really save much if any water. I can rinse the hair better if I'm standing up and doing it normally.

I have to bathe my body everyday to help prevent yeast outbreaks in my armpits and any other damper spot. I really need to stop the wheat which triggers it, but dang is it hard.

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
:lol: Sometimes I wish I was a chicken and could just dust bathe :p ;)
Ha! I feel as if I DO dustbathe EVERY DAY throughtout the summer!!! I have to take a bath every day to free me from the layer of dirt on me!!! I joke that I dont need to wear makeup to look tan, because the dirt will make me look tan. I'm about as white as a snowman, but the dust gathers on me and I look nice & sandy hahaha

But then, in the winter, baths are not needed nearly as often...

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
k15n1 said:
It's working. You enter YOUR number. As in, how frequently you shower.
Oh, OK. I thought maybe I would get a score number or something. Are you going to post the final results? When I read the tally sheet there were only 4 or 5 replies entered.

Like others, my showering habits vary greatly according to the weather and my level of activity.