When Trucks Stop, America Stops

Cascadiana

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm glad I found this forum and have been reading the threads with great interest. I've even posted a few comments already that I hope are helpful.

Speaking of being helpful, this policy paper from the American Trucking Association single-handedly convinced me to stop procrastinating on critically necessary prep items I was still missing. (I squeezed the pennies until they screamed and got the grain mill and water filter, for example.) :D

It's quite an eye-opening read:

http://www.truckline.com/Newsroom/Trucks Are/When Trucks Stop America Stops.pdf

(Apologies if it's already been posted. Do you have a search function I'm not seeing on the page???)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Cascadiana said:
I'm glad I found this forum and have been reading the threads with great interest. I've even posted a few comments already that I hope are helpful.

Speaking of being helpful, this policy paper from the American Trucking Association single-handedly convinced me to stop procrastinating on critically necessary prep items I was still missing. (I squeezed the pennies until they screamed and got the grain mill and water filter, for example.) :D

It's quite an eye-opening read:

http://www.truckline.com/Newsroom/Trucks Are/When Trucks Stop America Stops.pdf

(Apologies if it's already been posted. Do you have a search function I'm not seeing on the page???)
Being that you live in Washington, have you looked into using Azure Standard to bulk up your stores?
They offer excellent prices through local buying clubs.

When we move away from their service areas, I think we might be loading up with as much as we can handle, prior to the move.
Unless I can find a similiar source.

You can find the search function up above.
If you look in the blue bar above where it says you are logged in, you will find it.

Do you garden?

Cascadiana

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks for the great tip on Azure, BB! I've bookmarked their site and will definitely be checking them out.

Yes, I'm both a Master Gardener and a Master Food Preserver through my county Extension Service and have given dozens of seminars to the public to raise their awareness about gardening (even in a windowsill) and preserving the harvest (even if it's just picking cherry tomatoes.) :)

Ah, I see the Search section of the blue bar now -- guess I'm too used to sites with a drop-down box. Thanks!