Where are all the lids???

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Can anyone find where all the canning lids regular or wide mouth has gone??? I have looked everywhere and not even the warehouses have any so are you finding any in your area?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we've found some small mouth lids at Walmart, but none of the large mouth. they have jars so we've been getting a few cases here or there. they come with lids and rings so that helps.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I stocked up when Corona first started making head lines, cause I knew this was gonna happen. I've also been re-using my lids for years, and recycle any appropriate sized jars with good lids from the grocer. I use these for HWB canning, saving the new lids for pressure canning. I have many lids that I've re-used 4 times, and they still seal just as good as new.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I ordered a roll of regular mouth lids in April and still haven't received them. Luckily, I have plenty in stock to use right now, but they're definitely being bought up.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I bought lids in bulk from Lehman's earlier this year.
I've also bought extra jars, and extra seeds. I've been buying extra of our favorite OTC'S and herbal supplements as I can afford them. I nearly wet my pants when I found Rubbing Alcohol at the drug store this morning, lol.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've been picking up some extra stuff too, dreading having to move it once the closing to the house happens (maybe early next week now.... was supposed to be tomorrow but they wanted some paycheck stubs and I didn't see the e-mail they sent last Thursday - wanting the info on Friday - until Tuesday morn. I have told them that they need to text me for anything important since the internet is iffy, I do not have a smart phone to use for internet stuff..... and I have very spotty cell service but will get a text with all my in and out with the animals. But I spent Friday morning helping get in cattle, then sorted and helped move to the barn. We worked some pinkeye problems, I did my nurse cow and got all my stuff for work in my truck. Then we loaded a load for the stock yards, I took them and my son was trying to get a few other things done. He came to town so I could go to work from there.....and stayed for the steers to get sold. I tested that afternoon, stopped and picked up the check for the cattle, came home and fell into bed. Got up early Sat morning, did the cow, then we went away for the day. Sunday was on the tedder getting the hay tedded out due to a short window to get it made. Monday had PT for the ankle and knees, got on the tractor at 11 and got off at nearly 6 from raking over 50 acres at 3 different places. He was baling it and got done at 8:30. I had gotten in cattle that had to be delivered that evening and he got them loaded and left by 9:15. I fell into bed again that night.
Tues a.m. saw the e-mail, found the stuff they wanted, but the closing got put off.....
So next week.... I just want it done so I can get started..... work to be done inside, and painting.... then I plan to start moving stuff as I go and not box and then unbox everything.... want to set things up as I go and then be done and not have a huge pile of boxes to go through to unpack. I have to go up the hill to do the cow, so will take stuff everytime I go...
But there is a whole big "pile of stuff" that I have been picking up as I see it, TP, paper towels, some soap, canning stuff, seeds for next year.... and just picked up the cured hams and bacons etc..... so a full freezer again ..... ( there are 3 uprights that are full and one chest...had hoped to have one pretty empty to move, then transfer stuff and kinda organize it....)

Haven't been able to find many canning jar lids... but I do have tattler also. Anyone check out their website?
I also reuse lids.... clean and put in a pan of near boiling water to "plump" the rubber seal.... I did pick up some pickling lime and some canning salt to just keep back.... won't be doing alot this year with the moving and no garden, but a neighbor keeps wanting me to take stuff out of theirs.... I just don't have the time with the animals and still working. And sometimes don't have the energy .... plus the knees aching...

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
check the dollar general store. lots of regular kids and jars

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
just a heads up, if you see them grab them they are nowhere to be found around here, or on the web. If anyone knows any site where I can order it would be much appreciated on my part. Dollar General out as well.

BB, what do you mean by a roll?
Thank you to my SS friends for your help

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would like to ask LG about reusing lids, I was always taught do not reuse lids and now I am mourning all the lids I threw away,