Where are all the lids???

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
never in my life have i seen a roll of lids at a store other than when searching on line. always boxes of 12.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thinking about it, 300+ does seem right. I am kicking myself for not grabbing a roll in 2019.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mostly you will only see rolls of lids in Mennonite or Amish type supply and in stores that they frequent. Because they buy things like this in bulk because they do the self sufficient thing as a normal daily part of their life and culture.

publius

Frugally lurking
Reaction score
Rolls of lids are in the 300+ for regular lids and like 275 for the wide mouth lids.
Proline has regular lids available.... limit 6 boxes I think..... I am ordering the limit just to have on hand.... not terribly expensive.
What is 'proline?' I've scoured google for this place and I can't find anywhere with a similar name that sells canning lids. Please help! :)

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So Sorry... I was not thinking straight.... ULINE has the regular lids limit 6 boxes.... canning jars available also. FILLMORE container sells the sleeves but they are out. LEHMANS also has sleeves but they are out.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's like yeast -- was gone, now available! Took several months. I'm thinking the lids will appear, be bought out from fear of none to buy, leveling out eventually. Of course, that may be very late summer.

Fixit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Didn't need the 10 boxes of wide mouth lids but it didn't hurt to add to my supply. I left 61 boxes for others sitting there

publius

Frugally lurking
Reaction score
So Sorry... I was not thinking straight.... ULINE has the regular lids limit 6 boxes.... canning jars available also. FILLMORE container sells the sleeves but they are out. LEHMANS also has sleeves but they are out.
Thank you! I've set up alerts on Fillmore and I've looked at both uline and Lehman's. Did you purchase the Ball lids from ULINE or their generic lids?