Where are all the lids???

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just a note... I ordered the lids from Uline and they were here in 2 days..... 6 sealed plastic bags... wish we could order more as the shipping is too high for only that many lids.... but super service.... Granted I am only a couple states away... Pa to Va... but still I was impressed.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wife bought Tattler reusable lids, made in the USA She said: "I'm not buying chinese lids, the price of those china lids are ridiculous and who knows if they will work or not, you know?"
Screenshot_20210405-211540~2.png

henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I haven't seen hide nor hair of lids or jars in the last couple of weeks. Just empty shelves and cartons.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Creal, I have a single set of Tattlers, but have not used them yet. Please let me know how well they work. There is a learning curve with them, and they must be handled differently than the metal ones, so I'm told. I use my metal lids multiple times with good results. (Lids must be free of dents, no stains on white paint or rubber ring, and no signs of corrosion in order to be re-used by me. If canning something that is costly, I'd use a new lid, rather than using old. A sealed jar is a sealed jar, no matter how many times the lid has been used.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've not had the happiest time with the tattler lids. Occasional failures that I don't get with the metal ones. Lids failing after several months go by. That one ticks me off. I've used old glass and rubber rings with gem lids or bails and never had so much issues.

I've only used them on jams and pickles, no pressure canning. Now I mostly just use them for lemon curd as that needs used within a few months anyway.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have and have used the tattlers. Like them well enough, like the reuse ability even more.... a little different method for the sealing, tightening down....

Just to let people know that ULINE, that I got some lids from earlier... now has a limit of 25 pkgs (bags) of the standard lid. They are 2.40 a dozen... and then for me shipping is ab out another 1.00 per bag.... 24.00 shipping for 25 bags ( 1 dozen per bag, just like a box of 1 dozen)... Only has the standard size, no wide mouth...
None at the stores around here yet.... Lehmans had some Ball lids by the box/dozen; but none of the bulk lids that come in the sleeve.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have been getting sporadic lids at a couple store. I'm buying wide mouth when I see them as my uncle needs them.

Hubby says I should get regular as well even though I have around 70 boxes. Even in a heavy canning year Ive never used more than 25 boxes. No sales this year obviously which is how I'd gotten most of the hoard.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I keep looking, every time I am in a store that usually carries canning stuff. No lids, but we are getting cases of jars with lids in the stores now. I have some lids left, but no nearly enough for what I want to put up this year. Guess I have to keep looking.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ordered the lids from ULINE since a friend was getting nervous about not being able to find some... got them today (24 hour turn around)..... unbelievable service from them. Will share with this friend and if anyone else needs some, I can order another batch of 25 .... 3.50 a dozen with the shipping included...
Walmart has them on their website... 24 lids for 11.95.... free shipping.... I paid 7.00 for 24...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ordered the lids from ULINE since a friend was getting nervous about not being able to find some... got them today (24 hour turn around)..... unbelievable service from them. Will share with this friend and if anyone else needs some, I can order another batch of 25 .... 3.50 a dozen with the shipping included...
Walmart has them on their website... 24 lids for 11.95.... free shipping.... I paid 7.00 for 24...

that is likely another company which sells through the wallmart site because their usual in-store price for regular ball lids is normally someplace around $2.20-2.50 - their mainstays brand is normally about half that price.