where can I buy cayenne pepper in bulk?

kathyinmo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can buy cayenne pepper in bulk? Other spices I am interested in, too, buy figure if I find a source, maybe they will have other spices. Thus far, I have found only this source, and their prices are not posted....

indusorganics.com

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have seen it at hfs or restaurant warehouse stores usually 2 lbs to 20lbs. Don't recall the prices.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Give me the day to find it but I have a pamphlet from somewhere here in north AR that sells bulk spices with really reasonable prices.

We are currently "brewing" a recipe for Fire Cider and needed cayenne powder for it. I'd hoped to find fresh cayenne peppers at the local stores, with no such luck. Spent $5.00 for a jar of the powder (and weren't thrilled with the price) but the 1.75 oz. jar will last us quite a while.

We're growing several of our own culinary/medicinal herb for fresh/dried use and this one is on my list.

Just out of curiosity, what do you want to use it for? And you don't have to answer, if you don't want to! :(

kathyinmo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
Give me the day to find it but I have a pamphlet from somewhere here in north AR that sells bulk spices with really reasonable prices.

We are currently "brewing" a recipe for Fire Cider and needed cayenne powder for it. I'd hoped to find fresh cayenne peppers at the local stores, with no such luck. Spent $5.00 for a jar of the powder (and weren't thrilled with the price) but the 1.75 oz. jar will last us quite a while.

We're growing several of our own culinary/medicinal herb for fresh/dried use and this one is on my list.

Just out of curiosity, what do you want to use it for? And you don't have to answer, if you don't want to! :(
Thanks!
I use it for lots of things! Medicinal purposes are a wide range with Cayenne. I also like to put it in my poultry feed. I would like to buy it in 25 pound bulk supply. 50 pound would work, too. :D

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Twe go o the large amish store. I get my cinnamon in huge bags for only a few dollars also chili powder, and taco seasoning. Don't know if you have any amish stores but...

kathyinmo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
the funny farm6 said:
Twe go o the large amish store. I get my cinnamon in huge bags for only a few dollars also chili powder, and taco seasoning. Don't know if you have any amish stores but...
Hey, that's a great idea! YES, we do have Amish around here! I will check that out!
THANK YOU! :thumbsup

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Ditto on Sam's Club, and many ethnic food stores will carry bulk peppers and spices.