where is welfare

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Woah! I'm in a DARK blue county. But, we're also in a rural hunting, fishing, trapping, farming area. Lots of SS-type people here.

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hah! I live in the only county in the U.P. that's NOT dark blue. Not really surprising, though, our whole state has an aging population. It makes me sad to think about because things are geared *so* much toward young people leaving for cities where they can find work, there's not going to be any workers left.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Social Security is welfare?
Read the posts between this and the first post.

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, Social Security *is* a form of welfare. The term "welfare" has become so politically loaded that it's actual definition is kind of ignored, now.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wonder if zombies are correlated with non-social-security welfare. I mean, if you don't work and you're dependent on a government program that disappears when TSHTF, what do you do?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm in southern Ca. The map show we have the least amount of people. But I have to tell you. Its not the old folks on Social Security I am worried about. It's the young "entitlement" crowd. The old folks know how to store food, be frugal and eat a pot of beans. Whens the last time you ever saw a young person do any of those things?? Those are the Zombies I worry about.

g