Which Wood Cookstove Would Be Your Choice..?

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've been looking at wood cookstoves again.I've looked at a number of different ones, and think the Kitchen Queen is close to what i want.It also seems to be the best bang for the buck.It has a large firebox and oven, and can heat 25 gal of water(option) which can be plumbed into your homes hot water system( with someone of knowledge).Like other cookstoves it will provide heat for your home, maybe to much , maybe not enough, depending on home size and insulation factor and location of where you live.With the water reserve, water heating coils and stove itself, minus warming shelf and shipping, its roughly $3000.00. maybe a bit more.This is alot of money, but a long term investment that can be passed on in the family.I'm thinking this is important because it will cook meals, provide hot water and heat for the home.I see it as insurance, if the more common sources of energy are not availble for a long while or insanely expensive.Warmer weather months would require perhaps an outdoors woodfired kitchen ,summer kitchen.Would just like to know what wood cookstove you own or have been eyeing on a wish list.The Kitchen Queen is seen on almost all the wood cookstove sellers webpages, for example Lehmann's.com

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
We want the Kitchen Queen. I feel if we do get a cook stove some day, then the time and money we put into it would be best spent on the best.

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I think your right Bubblingbrooks, its not a fancy one with all the bells and whistles like some.I guess you could call it the plain Jane of wood cookstoves, but one heck of workhorse..! I've looked at and wanted a good cookstove for sooooo long.I always wanted one for lasting durabilty and performance.For the money, although kind of pricy, i haven't seen another out there for sale that imo can match the Kitchen Queen.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I'd like one in the future, I dont know nothing about them just thought I'd pipe in :D

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I figure since i've always been able to get plenty of good firewood to heat with in the past 35 yrs, and oil gas prices unstable, the future is here BarredBuff..! Trouble is lack of funds.With Arab Spring in full swing, who knows what the hecks going to happen with energy prices.?I never did like being dependant on oil and gas, but it isn't easy to do allot about it on a working mans wages these days.Every thing cost a freaking arm and a leg...! Still its onmy wish list..:)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think it was Icu4dzs/ Mr. Mayor. Just got a Kitchen Queen. You might check with him.

I would love a wood cook stove. Heck a wood stove at all would be wonderful.

G

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
JRmom , i can't tell from the pics Jane posted on her blog if she bought the Kitchen Queen.I didn't see any mention of it being the KQ, but the one i was talking about is made by the Amish.Did she say in another post on her blog it was a KQ...? I know of only one cookstove called the KQ. Thanks for the link to Janes blog, i really enjoyed reading what i've read so far.