While I'm waiting....

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
There are people who will prefer the non-toxic, green cleaning products . . . I think you could build a niche in your area if you wanted to.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My boss pays my mom $12 per hour to clean our office. She is the professional cleaner and my boss really don't care (there are places in this building that haven't been cleaned in 23 years, LOL)

I recommended my mom because she used to be a professional cleaner and I actually trust her to do a good job. But she mops and dusts and changes the trash cans and cleans the bathrooms and fixtures and things like that. Nothing major. She cleans once a week. Sometimes for 30 minutes and sometimes for two hours. (like if she's defrosting their ancient old fridge or something.)

At her request, we pay her every six weeks or so (whenever she asks) and it is usually about $100.

I am the one who came up with that price. I think it is kind of high for our area where the vast majority of people make minimum wage or barely more (6.85/hr I think.) But I thought, "We pay a carpenter $20/hr to fix doors and we pay college boys $13/hr to cut the grass, we can **** well pay a woman $12/hr for cleaning up this mess!"

So, when my mom said, "whatever you think is fair" and my boss said, "whatever you think is fair" I said, "I think $12 an hour is fair!" LOL

Cassandra

Latest posts