White Christmas

firem3

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
In my parents 65 years and my 40ish years we have never had a white Christmas until this year. It was an awesome present for the kids and a totaly awesome day. I am in north central Alabama and we rarely even get snow especially this early in the season. I hope the government gets all this global warming gets under control soon :D.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nothing personal, but you can take your white Christmas & :smack

(Yeah, I hate snow! :lol:)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
From everything I've read about global warming, the increased cold and severe winter weather is a direct result of it. I don't know all the particulars but it seems the melting of the ice caps creates changes in the ocean currents that leads to changes in weather patterns and gives us hotter summers, colder winters, more drought, more floods, etc.

I've definitely noticed a change in the severity of the cold in our winters and we are still in drought conditions here, even in the winter.

Weather trends are achangin', be it global warming or just the natural way of things that come in cycles.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
From everything I've read about global warming, the increased cold and severe winter weather is a direct result of it. I don't know all the particulars but it seems the melting of the ice caps creates changes in the ocean currents that leads to changes in weather patterns and gives us hotter summers, colder winters, more drought, more floods, etc.

I've definitely noticed a change in the severity of the cold in our winters and we are still in drought conditions here, even in the winter.

Weather trends are achangin', be it global warming or just the natural way of things that come in cycles.
errr, that ice cap is actuallly growing.
Weather works in 21 year cycles.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Beekissed said:

You need to call and inform Nat'l Geo about it then because all I ever read from them is how the polar bears are losing their ice! ;)

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/effects/polarregions.html

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
Beekissed said:

You need to call and inform Nat'l Geo about it then because all I ever read from them is how the polar bears are losing their ice! ;)

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/effects/polarregions.html
The ice cap is actually expanding faster and farther every winter.
This whole debacle about polar bears losing their area and dying off? Actual data shows that the species is at an all time high, and that their territory is doing just fine.

Rhettsgreygal

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think after this year I may hate snow also.

050-1.jpg

We are suppose to get above freezing this week though.

Annette

Collector

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Canadian reserchers recently finished a 50 year study on polar bears and concluded that polar bears have increased in population in that time. Most of the northen states in the U.S were covered with ice that has been receding ever since the end of the ice age. P.S it is now called global climate change, not global warming. That way any weather pattern we are in can be blamed on us evil humans. LOL