Who else has a blog?

HiDelight

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I would love to join in ..I have really had a hard time learning to blog ..but am getting the hang of it now

my husband and I are in the midst of a blog off :) so if you do not mind me ...a complete transient to this board ...joining you

I will enjoy reading all your blogs! it is so fun to see where everyone is from and most of you I have connected with on some level ..I am so glad I checked in here this week ..thanks Wife!

I am trying hard not to ramble too much and keep it geared towards some Self Sufficient inspirations ..cooking ...generalized Nature geekiness along with remodel projects but mostly garden ...I like to see how much "country" I can get away with in the midst of urban sprawl

and I love where I love so it is fun sharing

I had some political spill over but think I deleted most of it ..I want to spread joy and avoid that creap when I am doing a blog

My grandson is beside himself we do this ..if you look back there is a post about Injunjoe sending him plants ..

he goes nuts when we sit and review what we did ...and names all the plants ...talks about the animals ..he even knows how to chafe coffee beans

blogging is such a great way to keep family stories alive I think as well as documenting progress for others to enjoy

I want to get blogging down better ..it is different from handwriting a journal for sure!!! it is backwards!

The YardFarmers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi Wifezilla,

Love what you're doing with your blog. Jealous about your duck eggs; our Khaki Campbell ducks stopped laying in December when we got the cold snap. We would like to start incubating some to sell ducklings in the spring, but now are waiting for them to start laying again.

We like to watch our ducks play in the water too. The big hit with the ducks last summer was eating the corn silk from our sweet corn. Here is a picture of them fighting over it.

1554_p8220038.jpg

I added your blog to my blogroll- good luck!

YardFarmer Julie

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Corn silk? I never would have thought of that one! LOL

I think the only reason ours started laying is because of a solar light we have in their pen. I doesn't add a lot of light, but that extra hour or two at night before the battery gives out does make a difference.

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have one! But its not really SS themed...

http://tolivetolaughtolove.blogspot.com/

And I added most of your blogs to my blog roll for now. I'll have to purge soon as a result, but we'll see. Yay go all you brilliant people!

And mp, you're not ugly. Don't be silly.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ok, i got tired of having to ask the chickens permission to share information on their blog, so i just started my own. most of what's on there at the moment, you guys will have already seen as it was already posted here, but there are a few book reviews and new things will be coming soon!

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Hey BBirds, I love your blog! Your tights are way cool too. Nice photo, very artistic. :thumbsup
sadly, that's not me in the pic. i borrowed that picture from google images until i can get one that is actually of me.

glad you like the blog though!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have one I started years ago and never finished. Maybe you folks will inspire me to get on it. But I see a big problem here. If I bookmark all your blogs and I get all the updates how the heck am I supposed to read what going on here and there? There is only so much time in the day. Oh then there is my virtual farm at Farmville. When do I feed those goats? :barnie

Ok, deep breath......... I will need to think about this.

gina

MP I always thought you were a blond!!! :lol:

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I have one I started years ago and never finished. Maybe you folks will inspire me to get on it. But I see a big problem here. If I bookmark all your blogs and I get all the updates how the heck am I supposed to read what going on here and there? There is only so much time in the day. Oh then there is my virtual farm at Farmville. When do I feed those goats? :barnie

Ok, deep breath......... I will need to think about this.

gina

MP I always thought you were a blond!!! :lol:
Me a blonde...... hmmmm........ You Didn't know I had a mullet either did you?
mullets.jpg
:lol: :gig :lol:

:yuckyuck