Who needs farmers?

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
scientiests need to quit porking with our food!

leave the food to the farmers!

cuz they (farmers) do it right!

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just because they can, doesn't mean they should...

Honestly, unless they find some way to 'exercise' their petri meat, they will never get the consistancy correct. Meat texture comes from the animals use of those muscles. It is why an older animal is tougher and more stringy, while a younger animal is more tender.

If you take pork off the market, you'll get the same thing that's happened to horses in the US. Because there is no outlet for the unwanted or the excess, they are severely over populated and they suffer from neglect, starving in pastures, or being turned loose.

Talk about a pig bomb(show on Discovery channel), all those extra unwanted porkers would be turned loose and the affects on the crops and land would be devastating.

But then, of course, you'll always have people like us, who want it done the right and ol' fashion way. That is, of course, until animals are considered 'people' and treated and protected by such laws, then my family and I would be considered pig cannables. Oh, what savages we are. :p

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Buster said:
.......and save some pigs.
Pigs would soon become extinct if they weren't so delicious! Who are they trying to kid....who would raise pigs if not for pork?

Pork fat rules!!!!

Oh, that brings me to....who would eat pork meat without pork fat?????

SHEESH!!
Dear Free,

Today for breakfast I ate a big plate of ham WITH the fat and thought of you.

Loves,
OFG