Who owns the FED?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
There seems to be confusing info out there. In Canada banks are government run, in the US they are privately owned are they not?

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I believe you are right Morelcabin. Privately owned, unless they are owned by a co-op. Like my credit union? I think know what you are thinking about and I wondered about it too.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
and most of the population simply takes it for granted that it is government run...and there to help...

Veggie PAK

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The Federal Reserve is completely run by multi-national corporations.

The government has absolutely nothing to do with it, either by influence or action. That's why corporations run this country. If you think they don't, tell me why they get everything they want. Look at the revolving government doors for Monsanto personnel. Heck, Clarence Thomas worked for them and now he's a Supreme Court Justice!

Wake up America, and take our Country back! Remember, when the times get tough and you think you need help from the government, NO ONE IS COMING! We have to fend for ourselves since we're not banks or insurance industries.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Veggie PAK said:
The Federal Reserve is completely run by multi-national corporations.

The government has absolutely nothing to do with it, either by influence or action. That's why corporations run this country. If you think they don't, tell me why they get everything they want. Look at the revolving government doors for Monsanto personnel. Heck, Clarence Thomas worked for them and now he's a Supreme Court Justice!

Wake up America, and take our Country back! Remember, when the times get tough and you think you need help from the government, NO ONE IS COMING! We have to fend for ourselves since we're not banks or insurance industries.
Well, it doesn't look like Wikipedia agrees with you. But then, I understand that anybody can write stuff for Wikipedia. Maybe you should correct them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_System

ETA: link

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
There seems to be confusing info out there. In Canada banks are government run, in the US they are privately owned are they not?
Actually, Canadian banks are privately owned as well--they are merely government regulated. This is what enabled our financial system to avoid the problems that other nations have experienced in recent years.

S

sunsaver

Foreign owned (multi-national) corporations control the Fed. That's why people like me are dropping out and turning on. The whole political sports arena is just too silly for intelligent people to take seriously. If you crave money and power, then follow the leader. If you want quality of life, follow your own bliss. Be self reliant on your joy.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
In Canada banks are government run
No, they are not. They are privately owned and operated.

They operate under government regulations (in the US and Canada both), the difference w/r/t recent economic events is simply that the US had somewhat differently written (and more permissive) regulations for banks than Canada did.

Pat

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yep! the US operations of the Royal Bank of Canada ( I bank there and own stock in the company) are in the process of being sold to another private US bank.

Latest posts