who wants a FREE dog NO CATCH

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 not good on saturday she harassed the goat and my dad and mom now want to get rid of her😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 SOMEBODY PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU LIVE IN CONOVER NORTH CAROLINA !!!!!!!I WANNA GIVE HER TO SOMEONE I KNOW AND LOCAL PLEASEEEEE
I'm sorry because I know this is going to sound harsh. Why would you want to pass this problem dog off to someone else? She has already shown her tendencies against cats and now a goat.

I worked for a veterinarian many years ago and we were called to a farm where the "sweetest" pit in the world got into a stall with a pony. They had fought all night. The pony's nose was ripped open in several places where the pit had clamped on and the pony had succeeded in flinging it off ripping its nose wide open. Pony's legs were punctured in literally hundreds of places. There were flaps of skin hanging off her stomach and her udder was destroyed.

When I say pony I don't mean your typical kids pony - this was a Welsh show pony. She had been bred to a well-known stud in the Welsh world and within a couple of days she aborted a beautiful fully formed foal that was only weeks away from being born.

We were on this farm for over 4 hours cleaning up this poor girl. Some wounds absolutely had to be closed, but we left many open so they could be cleaned and would need to drain.

This was a terrible tragedy for this family. But, the worst part was when we were called back several weeks later to euthanize both the pony and the dog. The dog had gotten loose and had gotten back in the stall to finish the job. She had been locked in a wooden storage shed overnight and literally chewed through the wall to get out.

She was a sweet family pet - until she wasn't.

I know everyone won't agree with me, but I honestly think the best thing would be to euthanize this dog. She is a heart-break waiting to happen for someone else if you simply find her a new home.

Being a responsible pet owner is hard sometimes. :(

3:19farmandoutdoors

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm sorry because I know this is going to sound harsh. Why would you want to pass this problem dog off to someone else? She has already shown her tendencies against cats and now a goat.

I worked for a veterinarian many years ago and we were called to a farm where the "sweetest" pit in the world got into a stall with a pony. They had fought all night. The pony's nose was ripped open in several places where the pit had clamped on and the pony had succeeded in flinging it off ripping its nose wide open. Pony's legs were punctured in literally hundreds of places. There were flaps of skin hanging off her stomach and her udder was destroyed.

When I say pony I don't mean your typical kids pony - this was a Welsh show pony. She had been bred to a well-known stud in the Welsh world and within a couple of days she aborted a beautiful fully formed foal that was only weeks away from being born.

We were on this farm for over 4 hours cleaning up this poor girl. Some wounds absolutely had to be closed, but we left many open so they could be cleaned and would need to drain.

This was a terrible tragedy for this family. But, the worst part was when we were called back several weeks later to euthanize both the pony and the dog. The dog had gotten loose and had gotten back in the stall to finish the job. She had been locked in a wooden storage shed overnight and literally chewed through the wall to get out.

She was a sweet family pet - until she wasn't.

I know everyone won't agree with me, but I honestly think the best thing would be to euthanize this dog. She is a heart-break waiting to happen for someone else if you simply find her a new home.

Being a responsible pet owner is hard sometimes. :(
can you stop your making me cry right now she has been with me since i was 12 shes been with me a long time she is literally my best friend i would NEVER let any one do that to her

im so glad ur not getting her 😭😭😭😭😭

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am too.

And I’m sorry that you’re upset. But if your dog kills or mangles someone else’s beloved pet they will be just as sad and upset as you are right now.

You also need to keep in mind that you may be financially and legally liable for any damages your dog causes.

Again, I'm so sorry and wish that training would have helped.

Last edited:

3:19farmandoutdoors

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am too.

And I’m sorry that you’re upset. But if your dog kills or mangles someone else’s beloved pet they will be just as sad and upset as you are right now.

You also need to keep in mind that you may be financially and legally liable for any damages your dog causes.

Again, I'm so sorry and wish that training would have helped.
just please stop i dont want to keep crying anymore

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I realize this is your loving pet but, I agree with @frustratedearthmother -- this dog can flip a switch we don't understand. Extreme care and open, honest dialogue is required for any new owner thoughts. My friend had a similar dog/horse attack from her DDs pit. A few hundred stitches later.....

The dog was raised in DDs home, had been to farm often without issue. Then, it happened. Something triggered an attack. I simply feel they can't help it but, it's there. They are attack prone. Sadly. I'm in VA, outside VA Beach. Our pounds are full of pit and crosses. 😟

My insurance has them on list of "will not insure".

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
When I was much younger, I mowed lawns. One sweet old lady had a beautiful loving boxer. One afternoon, I was standing at the back door, waiting to get paid. The boxer crashed through the storm window at me. Luckily there was a decorative thing on the door that prevented her making it all the way through. The owner had the dog put down the next day out of safety concerns.

I support @frustratedearthmother and @Mini Horses . Saw a lot of dogs come and go on my grandparents' farm over decades. Once in a while, they'd get one that was not quite right. Unfortunately, hard decisions had to be made to protect everyone.

Sorry you are going through this, I know it hurts and doesn't seem fair. It will get better

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm very sorry. I know it's painful. Your dog wiuld do best in a household with no other animals. Maybe see if you can contact a rescue to see if they can help.

It can be an issue with any populat, overbred dog. People breeding them for money with no care for temperament. Terriers of any kind and sled dogs are all notorious for being bad ideas for farms anyway. All of the bully breeds are carelessly overbred unless you got the animal from a show breeder. Chihuahuas would have just as bad a reputation if they were big enough to do any real damage

Hubby had a story about an american cocker spaniel they had when he was a kid that just randomly attacked another kid one day. Hubby was the only one the dog even liked. It was a big issue on the cockers in the 70s and 80s.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am sorry for your pain but the dog needs to be put down. There will come a day it will turn on someone in your family and then where will you be? I know people with pitts and they are nice dogs... but there is no stopping them when they go off the edge.
I love German Shepherds... and we've had several and several crosses... but we had one when I was a kid; She turned on me when I came through the door of the garage into the cellar/rec room area ... I yelled at her and she stopped... but my mom realized that if one of our friends that were constantly in and out of the house with us 3 teens, came in and she went for them, they could be hurt, or even badly injured or killed by a bite... and she took her and had her put down the next day. We had raised her from a puppy... I was so upset, but I knew it was the right thing to do. My parents had the welfare of the HUMANS ahead of the animal......AS IT SHOULD BE.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I agree with @farmerjan . When an animal turns, and goes off in the wrong direction, it’s time to suck it up, be responsible and not pass it on to someone else who might get hurt. Sorry. Doing the right thing sometimes breaks our heart and tears it out in little pieces. My sympathy is with you.