Who was it that wanted pictures of my compost tumbler???

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Well......whoever it was.....here ya go!! I made it out of a plastic drum, and the frame work is all 2x4 with small rollers added to ease turning it. There is a 3ft piece of aluminum angle bolted INSIDE the drum to help it mix the stuff up as you turn it. The door is just a snug fit with a short piece of stainless angle bolted inside and another on the outside to hold the door in place. Works like a charm and I only have about 15 bucks invested!!

360336808.jpg

360336807.jpg

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey SKR, it twas I a askin thee about the tumbler. Looks good. Thanks for sharing. I'll put you in my will! :thumbsup

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
great pics, my neighbor built one similar. Lower to the ground on a pallet but same wheel concept. He used a steel drum and made a little door on the side. You know I have one of the end over end kind. I hate it, way to hard to turn. maybe I can convert it. Hummm!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
:thumbsup Yep, yet another cool thing that you have!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK, I am WAY too tired....I looked at that thing, and saw 2 eyes, a nose, and BUCKED TEETH!! :gig
I think I will have to take another look at this tomorrow, after a few hours of sleep. I cant stop giggling!!:lol:

Great design tho. I think I need to make a few of those. ( faces included) :lol:

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
justusnak said:
OK, I am WAY too tired....I looked at that thing, and saw 2 eyes, a nose, and BUCKED TEETH!! :gig
I think I will have to take another look at this tomorrow, after a few hours of sleep. I cant stop giggling!!:lol:

Great design tho. I think I need to make a few of those. ( faces included) :lol:
I see that too now that you say that!! Even has freckles on his nose!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh Pam, Thank GOODNESS someone else sees that goofy face. Yup, I see the freckles...Ohhh, I just know I will see that goofy face in my dreams tonight...if I EVER get to bed! :p

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:drool OOOO! I am drooling over that composter. I am in need of one back by my chickens and yours has given me an idea! I see a his and hers project in our near future. Great pix. It gives me a good idea on how to start. :thumbsup

Home Maker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It's Thomas the Train! Or perhaps Thomas the Composter.

Thanks for sharing! This I have access to metal drums, but I'm sure they have held fuel. I'll be on the look-out for a plastic one....

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: You guys just ain't right!! :lol: :lol: I had to scroll back up and look at my picture, but by golly, There IS a face to be seen there!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts