Whole house system??

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FarmerChick, I know this is off topic but I have been meaning to tell you. There is a book I use as referance called "All your health questions answered" By Maureen Salaman she has some very good info about all kinds of healt issues. Not sure if your interested but might make for good reading.

thanks again for the solar info, gina

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL--too bad he didn't get that friday off. you know he sure could use that time around the home! :) you have enough projects to keep him truly busy--HA HA

lucky he has a "kinda" stable situation there. that is good. at least a small piece of mind is better than none right? LOL

we all will be OK....just life right? ;)

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Yes lots of projects to keep him very busy. The only down side to him working 4 10's was/is he will ahve to leave earlier in the morning for work(1 hr) & get home 1 hr later if the employees got to pick the work schedule(which was asked for by higher ups). So that meant I would have to feed in the evening too as it would be starting to get dark by the time he got home & changed his clothes in the winter months. And of course that would be about the time to be cooking supper too. But we would have managed, we always do don't we? Danielle loves to help feed, she pours the grain from the coffee can(our scoops) into the feeder for the baby calf(Princess) & for Ramsey. The momma cow does not like Danielle much(any kid for that matter) she charges the fence so we have to keep a close eye on her.
Last week Danielle climbed into Ramsey's pen thought she wanted to be close to the ram, right? Well he was so happy & excited that he ran over to her & licked her face(just the perfect height), that was the end of that & she got scared & started crying. Don got her out of there & Ramsey was smiling(he flips his top lip up):gig it is so cute.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey Gina
thank you for the health book reference

going to check it out in a minute...interested in gallbladder stuff now....not sure if Tony has this problem, but I like to know! :)

He goes tomorrow for another galllbladder test...the big one that tells the Dr. all they need to know.

He felt bad last night. He didn't sleep....he wrangled a new cow from the sale they bought, and that just killed him buying and working that bull last night. He is kinda falling apart but hanging in there!

thank you--I love health info. I appreciate it!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh I hear ya on the 4 --10 cycle. Tony works a 4--12 hr shift. First day OK, second he is pooped, third worse, 4th he comes home and barely eats....it is a long, long tiring day mainly. Not bad when we didn't work the farm to this level. He couldn't handle it but with farm income increasing etc. more demand on his time. UGH
we will live..HA HA

Danielle--LOL-LOL---Nicole was the same with the goats. They would surround her and she would laugh and be fine for a minute, then one would get in her face and CRYing time! LOL I had to save her, Mommy, save me, save me..HA HA

She tried feeding one time. They attacked her like pirahana.....LOL....she hasn't done that again..now she watches me get attacked..HA HA

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I worked 12 hr shifts when I was working at the hospital(of course I was in my 20's) & it wasn't too bad. Of course I did not have a farm too run also on top of it. That is hard work in & of itself.
Danielle's favorite saying is "help me". She told Scott's gf at church that during service a few weeks ago(Amanda was behind me). Everyone in the back was laughing, they thought it was cute.
:gig

warthog

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi all, British living in Belize.

When we moved to Belize two years ago, we had our house built and decided we wanted to be totally solar powered. (house 1600 sq ft.)

After lots of research (electricity in Belize is erratic and one of the most expensive things here) we decided to go for it. We finally got it up and running December last year, and well yes it has been and still is a learning curve. From what we learned most people tend to go for what is known as a hybrid system (backup generator). The generator is also used for high powered loads, like washing machines, power tools etc.

We have had some teething troubles, but this has only been due to our lack of knowledge and we are learning every day. I am afraid to say that the cost was $10,000 US plus batteries, which I bought in this country only because of licences for shipping. It can be quite stressful initially, but I believe well worth it.

With regard to payback time, I work out that ours will take 5/6 years.

I am certainly no expert, but if anyone would like any further information I will try to advise.:)

Latest posts