WHOOHOO WE GET A 5 HOUR DATE NIGHT!!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
My mom's church does this about this time every year. At least, I think it's once a year. The Teens at their church, with several adults supervising of course, from 5pm to 10pm offer free will donation babysitting!!!!!! They watch the kids (again, with adult supervision) so parents can either go do Christmas shopping, have a date night, or just get a chance to relax.

We've never done it in the previous years, but we've decided to go ahead and do it this year. My brother is in the Teen group now, so he'll be there, and my kids know him. I did make sure that there were adults there as well, so it's not just a huge group of teens tending a busload of kids :lol:

But I'm so excited! FIVE hours with NO KIDS!!! AND I won't have to worry about if the "sitter" thinks we're taking too long or worry if they won't want to watch my kids again, etc.

We're planning to maybe go do a little Christmas shopping, or maybe just window shopping.

FIVE HOURS!!!!!!!!!!

That's one hour for every kid we have! :lol:

I so just cannot wait!! FIVE HOURS for me and Ernie, together!!! JUST US!!!! :weee :ya

OH, and did I mention it's tomorrow night?! :weee :ya :woot

We're toying with the idea of trying to squeeze in a movie...............

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hear ya on getting down time to be free!

free to get things done and enjoy the 5 hrs!!!!!

I am lucky, MIL Rachel takes Nicole all the time. I just call and say, pick her up from pre-school at 1 and take her to the dollar store and for a bite to eat....voila, no kid til 5-6 pm. OH I LOVE IT and Nicole has a blast to the max.

So lucky for me a constant baby sitter anytime I need it! I know I am super fortunate!

My Mom is too far away darn it..LOL...45 mins. drive to her house. Rachel is 3 mins. away down the road. Works fine for me though!!!!!

But if my Mom were closer I wouldn't have to raise my own kid..HA HAHA

ENJOY!!!!!!
Don't do something I wouldn't do! :gig
No #6 kid this year for you!!! :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
No #6 kid this year for you!!! :lol:
HAHAHAHA nope not for me!! Especially since certain things aren't allowed under doctor's orders thanks to his back surgery, if you know what i mean! :lol: :p

So, no worries there! :rolleyes:

I totally plan to enjoy myself!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
be careful, guys find a way!! :lol:

LOL

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
5 whole hours. You are a lucky woman. Have fun. Don't go to the movies. That at least 2 hours with no conversation sitting in the dark. You can do that at home. :p

I like the window shopping idea or maybe a really long cup of coffee.

Enjoy!!!!