why do you love being single

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i love it because

i can wear whatever i want to go to sleep and dont even care if it matches i have on a grey and black shirt with red and white shorts with orange socks and dont care cause im comfie

i can cook dinner whenever i want

i can clean the house whenever i see fit

i can come and go without telling anyone where im going or when im coming back

i dont wait for someone else to do things i just do them myself

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I love it because I can cook exactly the food I want. (Goodness help any company that might come over...)

Also because I never fall into the toilet because SOMEONE left it up. :lol:

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I do what I want when I want and don't need anyone's permission for anything.

I don't have to live up to anyone else's standards and expectations.

No one tells me I am wrong or criticizes me for anything, ever.

I don't have to answer questions.

I can be typing a post and then suddenly decide to run to the store in the middle of a sentence and

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
i love it because

i can wear whatever i want to go to sleep and dont even care if it matches i have on a grey and black shirt with red and white shorts with orange socks and dont care cause im comfie

i can cook dinner whenever i want

i can clean the house whenever i see fit

i can come and go without telling anyone where im going or when im coming back

i dont wait for someone else to do things i just do them myself
Ditto, ditto, and ditto! :D I don't have to argue with anyone but my kids~and I always seem to win those, even if I don't....if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.... :p

I don't have to put up with stubborn, unreasonable stupidity except at work....at least at home I can get away from that.

I don't have to argue about how the money is spent, or if it gets spent, or why did you spend it? I can budget, be frugal, or splurge on something as I see fit. Wonderful! :)

BUT....I'm sure there are many married women out there right now who are thinking....and here's why I love being married.... ;)

Two heads are better than one.
Sharing of burdens.
Sharing of work load.
Two incomes.
Bed warmer, kissing friend.
Someone to start my car in the morning.
Etc.

Only problem is, men that are true, good partners are a rarity. Which is why single is the preferred choice for many of us gals. :(

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here's few of mine:

I can drink right from the pitcher and eat dinner out of the pot (less dishes to wash)

I can do weird dances, sing badly at the top of my lungs and talk baby talk to the critters without getting the "you're crazy" look.

I can learn how to build things & fix things at my own pace, without anyone taking the tools out of my hands to 'show me how it's done the right way'.

Love the peace & quiet.
Love being able to do what I want to do whenever I want.

Sometimes I wonder if my enjoyment of independence makes me a selfish person, I hope that's not the case, I like helping others, but my lack of social skills makes it hard to get close to people.
At least my poultry & my cats don't care if I'm a weirdo! :p

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
and i can bake the entire pack of break and bake cookies and eat every darn one of them if i wanna

i can watch exactley what i want one tv without asking someone if they want to watch such and such

after the kids go to sleep the rest of the night belongs to me and i can do nothing if i wanna

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
Every thing that has been posted is why I love being single! Plus no one frowns on my dogs sleeping on the sofa or in my bed. Or the fact that when there is freezing weather outside my chickens are in my spare room.:lol:

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I guess I'm pretty darn lucky. My husband is the best! He doesn't say a word if I decide to cook dinner or not. If I don't feel like cooking he will say we will find something to eat don't worry about it. He don't care if I have matching clothes on ,as a matter of fact most of the time I have a sweat shirt and sweat pants or sleep pants on unless I go to town I rarely wear real clothes.lol... We have a business in which we can work at home and we are together 24/7 and we never argue. If either of us want to buy something we don't have to get permission to do so. Although, neither of us are big spenders..lol..We have so much in common. We like almost all the same things and he even helps with canning and baking.I do know that it is a rareity to find someone that you get along with so well.. I guess this is why he is my 3rd Husband (he he) . We have been together for 7 years and it's been nothing but happiness for us both. I do have to say that if something were to happen to us that I would never ever get married again, this is due to I know that I would never find anyone else that could even come close to my little man.. lol.. he's just the perfect man for me.;)