Why would a dog do this?!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
She's staring me down and whimpering :hide She doesn't want outside, isn't hungry or thirsty, or doesn't want petting because I just had her big fat 90 pound hiney in my lap and petted her! She got down and started whining again...just really low whimpering, sitting in frotn of me, staring directly in my face. Anybody ever have a dog act that weird?! She's starting to freak me out a bit. She is doing DH the same way :idunno

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
She's staring me down and whimpering :hide She doesn't want outside, isn't hungry or thirsty, or doesn't want petting because I just had her big fat 90 pound hiney in my lap and petted her! She got down and started whining again...just really low whimpering, sitting in frotn of me, staring directly in my face. Anybody ever have a dog act that weird?! She's starting to freak me out a bit. She is doing DH the same way :idunno
Is something BIG outside??

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Wannabefree said:
Uhhhhhhh...the sky perhaps is still there..although I can't see it, so can't prove it :lol: I don't think there is anything out there. I was just out a bit ago getting rabbits for my uncle. Nothing there then...about an hour ago.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
Wannabefree said:
Uhhhhhhh...the sky perhaps is still there..although I can't see it, so can't prove it :lol: I don't think there is anything out there. I was just out a bit ago getting rabbits for my uncle. Nothing there then...about an hour ago.
hmmm then I dont know.....mine whimpers when he sees something he would like to tear apart like a rabbit. Or is hungry.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
mine does that when she wants me to throw her 'baby'

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would say something big outside or there is a noise that you can not hear... Do you have a CO detector? Maybe there is a leak in your furnace?
Or when you go into your bedroom you're gonna find that big puppy ate one of your favorite shoes and is feeling wayyyy guilty.

I would keep an eye on the outside or even turn on outside lights..
The only other thing that I know will make a big dog(or little dog) act like that is when the fruit growers (cherry and blueberry farms) around here use what they call "the big banger" it shoots off a loud "bang" randomly to scare the birds off the fruits.. Makes the dogs skitzy for miles around.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Maybe she is in pain :hu Her eyes did looked glazed over a bit. And she had a fit about putting herself into the tub for her bath. I just thought she was being a pest about bathing as usual. She knows what Thursday means now :lol: Maybe I should give her an ibuprofen? She has been acting weird. Usually when she's in pain she just trembles a bit so I generally know when she is hurting.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We have a working CO detector as of a few weeks ago...got it for the homestudy for the foster kids to come. It's required, and it was just tested and new batteries put in.

tort~ she has been at it for hours though...practically all day off and on, and this is the first attention she has gotten because I'n starting to worry if she has a screw loose. :lol: