Wife needs to stop sending me to town

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm surprised you were able to find those at that price. They are a rare bird, super hard to find. the high price is reflected in their value. They are predator proof, b/c they can not be seen by the predators. I hear there is a plan to breed ducks with this same trait. You should buy some for your wife.
Screenshot_20210623-112812~2.png

You lie like a rug 😂

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My neighbor 110 acres north of me got a picture of kitty in the bean field. I know what I saw and now we got a photo. It just makes me feel better being the new guy in the neighborhood 😂
Screenshot_20210624-204645~2.png

Until we get rid of this kitty, I ain't feeding it lambs.

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's about the price I ended up paying for purebred silkies from show lines. Which sadly is actually cheaper than some feed stores charge for hatchery silkies. It's a very good price for good quality show chicks. That sucks for hatchery quality that never really look like the breed standard no matter what it is.

That price does have packing and shipping for the eggs included.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
At last!!! Seen and pictured in daylight. That appears the same form we saw in your night pics to far left of frame. Right...lambs would be a target without Fort Knox at night. Seems this one hunts the general area. Now, will your animal control try to relocate? Probably not! Glad it's in your area, not mine.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
At last!!! Seen and pictured in daylight. That appears the same form we saw in your night pics to far left of frame. Right...lambs would be a target without Fort Knox at night. Seems this one hunts the general area. Now, will your animal control try to relocate? Probably not! Glad it's in your area, not mine.
When us guys met, we all set up trail cams. So it was just a matter of time before we got a pic. So glad we got one in daylight.

Based on the body outline I believe I also got a pic of it at night, but it's hard to be certain. I didn't set up my trails cams just turned them on so date and time is not correct.
Screenshot_20210625-091516~2.png

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Habitat: Cougars normally are reclusive animals which avoid humans. They make their dens in rocky outcroppings, dense thickets and under uprooted trees. They are highly territorial— a male cougar may dominate a home range of 50 to 150 square miles (for comparison, the City of Seattle is 92 square miles).

http://naturemappingfoundation.org/natmap/facts/cougar_712.html
That's a crazy big area to range. The shawnee national forest is 287,000 acres. I'm not sure how many miles that is. However, I'm very close to the shawnee. If kitty would just stay in the shawnee that would be the ideal thing. But it's obviously not :(

Now I need to rethink my plans for livestock. I have to "assume" if there is one kitty, there is probably more. I think that's a safe assumption to make. If kitty is out during the daylight, which it is. that's even more conserning. A 4ft tall woven wire fence ain't gonna do squat. We have childern around here, schools out for summer, their safety is our absolute main consern.

Country Life 🙄 I guess it's not for everyone.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
MAYBE animal people could tranq, add device and track her? If nursing female, they'd know right away. Could locate family and move all back into Shawnee territory???? I'm thinking a conservation group would be more likely to want to help than just an animal control type. Just a thought. It appears well fed. 😁 maybe out of rabbits?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
MAYBE animal people could tranq, add device and track her? If nursing female, they'd know right away. Could locate family and move all back into Shawnee territory???? I'm thinking a conservation group would be more likely to want to help than just an animal control type. Just a thought. It appears well fed. 😁 maybe out of rabbits?
And peking ducks 😂

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm not giving advice here, and may be talking about an entirely different subject. But... one should always be practiced up on their target skills. You never know when it may be necessary for self defense. Also, if I had myself a tractor, I'd be sure to use it to dig some nice big test holes.