Wild Pigs

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
JRmom said:
Geez, you guys. I can't believe anyone thinks wild hogs taste good! :D

Walkaboutjacks, seriously, if you think you want to pursue this, eat some first! It's not grocery store pork. (we need a barfing smilie!)
This is the closest we have. :sick

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I can get bacon at an ethnic market that costs about 1/2 to 1/3 of the cheapest on-sale bacon price elsewhere. However, it DOES have a pretty strong flavor and is well-salted.

I figured it most likely was an older boar, domestic. Who knows ...

What tastes good is largely a factor of what foods you are used to. I'm sure there are people who like wild boar.

(The wild pig I said tasted good was a younger female ... Just for the record I haven't eaten an older wild boar that I was aware of, so I'm not commenting on that really.)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
There's always sausage and bologna type meats that would hide the taste a bit. :hu

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
JRmom said:
Geez, you guys. I can't believe anyone thinks wild hogs taste good! :D

Walkaboutjacks, seriously, if you think you want to pursue this, eat some first! It's not grocery store pork. (we need a barfing smilie!)
I know many people that eat it. No complaints.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:sick :sick :sick :sick :sick :sick :sick Thanks for pointing out the barfing smilie!

I'm sure plenty of people love wild hog.... just sayin'.... I don't and I know a lot of folks who won't eat it so it might be a good idea to try it before committing.