Wild Plums!

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I hate to pay shipping on just about anything and won't unless I can't get it any other way. Maybe call the local place in advance and ask them if they can get you a Santa Rosa.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow! That's incredible.

That's the kind of grandmother I try to be. My grandkids LOVE broccoli cheese soup so I make it for them every time they're here. It's even better when they can go pick the broccoli from the garden!

Annabellam

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Part of the reason i miss having a farm or being in the farmlands is that you can get stuff you wouldn't normally get anywhere else. Totally incredible!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wild Plums 2017!!! We have started earlier this year. We found a clump of trees, really just small stickery shrubs, and they were festooned with small red plums, about the size of a cherry. We picked 3 quart jars and they are simmering on the stove now! We ran out of our delicious wild plum jelly a couple of months ago and have been waiting on plums!!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woohoo! Yay for plum jelly! Maybe I need to plant some plum trees... Tried 'em once but they didn't take off. Wonder if it had anything to do with goats?? :(

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I used to have a wild plum tree where I lived. It was a tree about the size of a peach tree. It had yellow plums that ripened in the fall. They made the prettiest pink jelly. I have some plum trees here but they didn't make last year. Maybe this year.

Tonight we have storm warnings for high winds, hail, thunderstorms, tornado... A torrential rain earlier flooded our garage and so I was busy trying to get that out. I also decided to bring my chicks back in the house for the night.

DH dug out where the beavers keep trying to dam up our spillway this morning. I walked around trying to tie things down and put up other things. We got sandwich stuff so if the power goes out. DD, SIL and grands are visiting so we have a housefull. So good to hear those babies giggling. They sure love the chickens. GD (5) spends all her time running all over the place. She never gets to do that in the city.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@lcertuche we got the tornadoes! 3 hit a town 25 miles from us. Then there were 2 reported in out town. There has been a lot of damage and people hurt. If they are headed your way, take cover! Hope the storms don't do any damage to your place.