Will The US Dollar Collapse?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sometimes, I look around at our property, with all the improvements we've made... and I wonder if it will be my family living here after some kind of collapse, or if there will be some stranger turning to her husband and saying "These people sure had strange tastes in books, honey" because we were in the wrong place at the wrong time when it happened. *sigh* que sera, sera. Hopefully SOMEONE will be able to thrive here.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My grandparents talked about how their cousins in town almost starved while they ate great.
A friend of mine was raised on a farm in Arkansas during the depression. Everyone was poor. They always had to plenty to eat because they raised vegetables, had a milk cow and pigs. They raised cotton and corn for cash crops and farmed with mules. Her mother canned vegetables and fruits in quart jars that lined the wall in the basement which also doubled as a root cellar. In town was another matter. She had a friend that invited her to spend the night and she still remembers there was practically nothing to eat. Another girl stole her lunch at school because she was hungry.

So if hard times come, at least we can have something to eat. At least we'll have something to trade or sell. So bleak though it might sound, we will be waaaaay ahead of people living in towns or people that have no idea where real food comes from.

Latest posts