1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. WW2 Rationing Recipes - Canadian and British - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

window covers

Discussion in 'How To Save Energy' started by chud, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Feb 21, 2013
    ducks4you

ducks4you Almost Self-Reliant

I discovered those blackout curtains last November. I bought them about 10 inches short of the bottom of my 2 west and north windows in my downstairs guest bedroom. WHAT a difference it is making in the temperature of the room! I can still have plants on tables next to the windows, too.
    I'm waiting for them to go on clearance in the Spring, and I'll be buying them for my upstairs windows. I live in a 100 yo house, so, yeah, we fight drafts.

2. Mar 19, 2013
    danielburns271

danielburns271 Enjoys Recycling

I have contacted my home managing expert person for window improvement, and we are having great conversation with this type of work. You should contact to those experts too...

3. Aug 16, 2013
    jamesKward

jamesKward Sustainable Newbie

Window treatments add a finished element to any room. Try new window treatment ideas and decor tips from the decorating experts at viva home dcor.