Winemaking project: Pictures page 6!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Just got those nice wine racks! Need some adjustments, but will post pics.....eventually. So much to do right now, it is low on the list, but hope to get them cut to size and in the cellar sooner rather than later.

They are nice....oak with plywood backs, and there are three. They are too tall and were set up incorrectly, with the cork higher than the bottom of the bottle, and the bottom facing out so you can't see the label. But screwed together so can be fixed with some tedious but easy work.

Best of all, they were FREE!!!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Free, did you have a special purpose in mind on the onion wine or did you just make it because it sounded fun? I am always amazed at the condiments, sauces, and additives you come up with and the combinations. I would not have thought of onion wine and ham but now I'm drooling!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I made it mostly because the recipe and the thought of onion wine :sick intrigued me. It was cheap, too! And the recipe said you wouldn't know it was made with onions.

It is soooooo good as a cooking wine! Interesting for sipping, too, actually.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Whatever you do, DON'T make Tomato wine! My Mom and Dad have been making wine for years and that was an experiment gone HORRIBLY wrong! :sick She said she was making it because it was supposed to be able to even out other wines. Oh, that was gross. :sick

I know she followed a recipe, which might be why it went wrong, because she always just "makes" her wine and it works. But, oh lawdy, that was nasty.

Can't wait to retry the cherry she made last year. We got a little goofy when we tasted it the day we racked it. (ok, maybe a little too much sampling at 10 a.m. out of about 5 bottles.) :hide Had to get the siphon started somehow.... hic.....hic.... ;)