Winter Predications

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I also think there is a difference between domesticated animals and wild animals when it comes to fuzzy...LOL

wild animals foods etc. are based on nature. they hunt etc. and food supplies are based on seasons etc. farm animals etc. are fed daily.

so I would watch if wild animals are "fuzzier" than house kept animals......but then again, I ain't walking up to no bear and asking to check his fuzzy fur..HA HA HA

I think our NC winter will be very, very, cold and icy in a reasonable length of time....but I think we will get hit hard for some reason. Just a gut instinct. But since our winter season is short, I don't fret too much.....I fret, but not like the poor northern people. I chat with friends in NY state and wow, they had to dig off the roofs so they don't collapse and all that...Ugh....I feel for them! :)

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Interesting about the stink bugs. We have been absolutely infested with them everywhere. And we never really many of them before. Hmmm

sweetcorn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was told that if the fruit trees are producing an abundance of fruit, then we are in for a rough winter. If that's the case we are gonna be snowed in cause all the fruit trees I've seen are almost dragging the ground around here.
Our pear tree was so full this year a big limb broke off and a friends peach tree did the same, split almost in half . I was blaming that on the massive rains we had this year though . We had so much rain we had a flooded basement :(

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I had one pear tree that had about 75 pounds of fruit. My otherpear tree had about 15 pears. I uess they cant make up their minds! :barnie