Wire and Bale Jars

barefootfarmer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on a certain brand of wire and bale jars. Looking for a good deal if you may have some for sale or know where I can get a good deal. Thanks for any help!

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The only ones I've ever bought are from IKEA, and they've been great--we've had them for years and they still make the same ones. I think they are around $4 each though, not sure if that's in your price range.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The IKEA jars come in several sizes and are called SLOM:

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/40065867/

The half litre jar is $1.99, the litre is $2.99, the 1.5 litre is $3.99, and the 2 litre is $4.99--but you can't get all the sizes online, so hopefully you are near/have friends or family near an IKEA!

rubyluise

Power Conserver
Reaction score
barefootfarmer said:
Does anyone have any advice on a certain brand of wire and bale jars. Looking for a good deal if you may have some for sale or know where I can get a good deal. Thanks for any help!
I used Small Wire Bale Glass Jar with Cobalt Blue Lid for jar. It contains Zinc plated snap closure define air tight seal and available in plenty of varieties. The cobalt blue lids looks cool in jars.It is more protective and more durable.