Wisdom teeth pain.

JacksFlock

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I've been having some pain and hot/cold sensitivity in my wisdom teeth lately. Anyone got some good natural remedies for me?

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wish I did, but there's just not a lot you can do, naturally, about tooth issues. It's the biggies like this that we end up having to shell out the money for, to pay the docs. I hope you do find something. If it's just sensitivity so far, you might try one of the tooth pastes for sensitivity. I think Sensodyne is one.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you can find it, oil of cloves (the spice). failing that, try chewing the whole clove and holding it close to the aching tooth.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Essential oil of wintergreen might also work, but try these things cautiously and slowly to make sure that you don't have a reaction. Some oils (like clove and wintergreen) can burn.

JacksFlock

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I will look for those oils next time I'm in town.

Mr.Andersson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Clove oil :thumbsup

Always good to have around, you may have to go to a ma n pa drugstore, if u can find one?
i open the bottle, put my pinky finger on top, tip upside down, back upright, n apply with finger. Seems like qtip, puts way too much on, n wastes alot, does shock u the first time u use it.

janecristy

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Clove is immediate remedy for toothache. if it does not work then you may take any painkiller which suits you well. If it persists for two or three days then take antibiotic under your doctor's treatment or advice as it might be an infection. I used to do so....OK

raro

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I tried to get some orajel stuff a while back, but it was way expensive ($6 and up). I went to the dollar store, and lo and behold they had the generic stuff (lidocaine in a gel form) for a dollar. You might want to try it there. It worked very well. I just smeared it all over and around the tooth and gums. I know it's not exactly "natural," but neither is tylenol, so...!:p

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mr.Andersson said:
Clove oil :thumbsup

Always good to have around, you may have to go to a ma n pa drugstore, if u can find one?
i open the bottle, put my pinky finger on top, tip upside down, back upright, n apply with finger. Seems like qtip, puts way too much on, n wastes alot, does shock u the first time u use it.
Now this may just be me but I never put my fingers on or in any of my essential oils. There are too many things that live on skin that will make the oils go yucky sometimes(and depending on which oil it is)Just like eating honey off the spoon and then putting it back in the jar. the natural yeasts and stuff can contaminate it.
Just my opinion and what happened to some of my honey and oils. I use a q-tip that I pull off most of the cotton.
I have sensitive teeth and use the aquafresh as I dont' care for the taste of sensodine.I can tell if I stop using it for too long.

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Honestly, just have them removed. In a true SHTF situation, you dont want those rotten teeth to hinder your ability to take care of your loved ones. I had mine removed last year- I knew they hurt, etc, but I didnt realize HOW much they affected my health until after I had them removed! The pain of extraction was extreme because of the way mine were shaped, but I am SO GLAD I had them removed! I've never felt better! I lived with those painful things for 10 years, and just got used to the pain and issues. I am no longer in pain, my mouth is WAY healthier (which it was healthy enough before, but even better now!), and overall I feel better and am much helathier!