Wish me Luck!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I am taking my huge, waddling, extremely cranky hormonal self down the dirt road to the Amish that got Ash logs from us - and didn't pay. :somad

E said if I go down and "request" (more like rant/rave/demand) payment from him, then I can have the money for whatever I want to use it for.

Phone bill and infant carseat are top on my list. And E would like a blade for his chain saw.

So. Wish me luck - that I don't chicken out. I don't plan to leave without a check in hand! He owes us for 4 trees.

The jerk-wad.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
I am taking my huge, waddling, extremely cranky hormonal self down the dirt road to the Amish that got Ash logs from us - and didn't pay. :somad

E said if I go down and "request" (more like rant/rave/demand) payment from him, then I can have the money for whatever I want to use it for.

Phone bill and infant carseat are top on my list. And E would like a blade for his chain saw.

So. Wish me luck - that I don't chicken out. I don't plan to leave without a check in hand! He owes us for 4 trees.

The jerk-wad.
:lol:

If you called him that to his face, he would probably have no idea what you meant, but you'd feel a heck of a lot better! Oh, and good luck!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yikes! Under the circumstances, I think we should wish him 'good luck'! Try not to have your youngun in the county jail... :/ :lol:

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
In my father's experience, Amish men are not overly excited to pay out cash. But it's not because they don't have money. I wouldn't even go so far as to say they're dishonest---just reluctant to part with the money.

This sounds so discriminatory....

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hope you get your money.

But don't get to upset. I would hate for you to go into labor right there on the guys doorstep. Heck what do you think he would bill you if his wife has to deliver Payton right there on his front porch??? :idunno

:hide

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Whoot!! :celebrate It turned out better than I thought it would!

E said he is convinced that the Amish have our house bugged - because the dude had the check wrote out and waiting for us. :th He had it dated for August 16, and said he had planned to come up last week but things came up and he didn't make it.

I'll accept that excuse!

He was super jokeable - so I didn't have to show my nasty side :gig and we took that check straight to the bank!!

k15n1 - a friend of ours says the Amish can squeeze a penny until Lincoln farts :gig

FC, no whacking was necessary!

OH and he showed me what he figured out the logs were worth, but then the check was for more, and he explained it by saying he paid a little interest on the amount he owed! :th

then asked if he could come up next week to look at the cherry that the other Amish left behind! Said if we're OK with him scaling some of it out, he'll pay us for it and leave what he doesn't want for us as firewood. E told him he has until next week or the week after to come up for the cherry. :D