Woke up today and thought it was Monday!!

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I woke up this morning and thought today was Monday.
I thought we all overslept and started running through the house waking everyone up.
I got my Caleb up and gave him his clothes to get dressed and called my husband's cell phone to see if he was on his way home from work yet so he could help me get them to the 4 different schools they all attend, which I thought I only had 5 minutes to get them to.
I got his voicemail and left an sos.
I yelled up to Aidan again and told him that school starts in 5 minutes and I hear my daughter's voice yell down -Mom its Sunday.
I stopped dead in my tracks and thought to myself What on earth is Brittany doing here?
It took a minute or so to register that she came home from college for the weekend.
I felt like an idiot, so my son is like so we don't have school?!
Then my husband calls me and he is laughing so hard I wanted to reach through the phone.
It stinks too because we were out on this pumpkin walk in the forest last night so the kids were up late and they were all sleeping in today.
The one day they all sleep in and I ruin it.
My husband kept reminding me of this as well, saying oh man you could have slept good today.
We are going to visit my Ashley Kate at college today so I hope the kids aren't going to be overtired, not enough sleep is a killer.
Everyone keeps making fun of me today. :rolleyes:

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It must be catching. Just a few minutes ago my son asked me what day it was and I started to say Monday... for a few seconds I had a feeling of dread that I had classes to teach and hadn't done anything for them, and we were going to be late getting to co-op, and I hadn't packed lunches... then I realized it is only Sunday. Thank goodness!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Oh...I am sorry they are making fun of you...but later today I am sure you will be laughing, too ;) I think we have all woke up thinking it was Monday on a Sunday before :lol: I know my DH has been running a day behind all week! He thought yesterday was FRIDAY :gig

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
:old I thought that only the hopelessly retired did things like that. Just tell everyone it wwas a dress rehearsal for tomorrow. You want to see how alert they were- aaaaaa
:hu - Cant think of more excuses.lol

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
That's too funny...I did the same thing this morning...manually turned on the alarm clock to wake DH because he will get up and make the coffee :D Then realized it was Sunday when the radio announcer said so and hit the off button. Too late though, DH was already up making coffee :caf and checking his emails

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Simple great story!
Feel for ya missing the sleep and running ragged this morning!
I do this alot of days of the week...so you sure aren't alone, worse part, since you are screwed up today, good chance all your days of the week will be off now...LOL
That happens for me all the time..HA HA

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry I had a little chuckle at your expense only because I did the same thing a few years back. It's a little disorienting isn't it?
I hope the rest of the week is more mellow for you. :)