Woman killed by feral hogs outside Texas home: ‘One of the worst things I've ever seen’

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did I say something you don't agree with? I'm sorry if you are angry with something I said

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When my grandpa was a young man, east Texas was open range. Hogs were rounded up on horseback with cur dogs by ranchers and farmers in the area. People ear marked and cut the pigs, kept some for house meat, some for the smokehouse for winter eating and sold the rest. It was a way of life. When I was young, feral hogs were seldom seen, they were hunted hard by hungry people. As people prospered, left the farms, bought meat at the store, hog populations exploded. Hogs are dangerous, mean, fearless, and will attack.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did I say something you don't agree with? I'm sorry if you are angry with something I said
I had to go back and look at my angry face--it was not at you! :love The angry face was for the idiots who think feral hogs should be protected! :mad: NEVER angry at YOU my dear!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah, ok. I thought maybe you were angry with what I said; it looks like we were thinking along the same lines.

Hogs are one of the more dangerous game to hunt also... they are fast and cunning, and will keep charging to kill you even after they are dead. We used to know a guy that hunted them with just a couple of dogs and a knife. He considered himself a "real man" because he didn't use a gun. One time, he didn't come home. All they ever found were the well chewed remains of ONE of the dogs

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah, ok. I thought maybe you were angry with what I said; it looks like we were thinking along the same lines.

Hogs are one of the more dangerous game to hunt also... they are fast and cunning, and will keep charging to kill you even after they are dead. We used to know a guy that hunted them with just a couple of dogs and a knife. He considered himself a "real man" because he didn't use a gun. One time, he didn't come home. All they ever found were the well chewed remains of ONE of the dogs
I'm wiping tears…. :lol::lol::lol: a "real man" huh? What popped into my mind immediately is that REAL man became a HUNGRY MAN DINNER for the hogs! and the hogs don't have a microwave.....

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They will even bite the hand that feeds 'em.

I raise 'em. I love 'em. But, I never forget that they would consume me if the chance came...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And that is why I built the Pig Palace so I can feed and water from OUTSIDE the pen. Some pigs have creeped me out so bad, that I wouldn't go in their pen without someone standing on the outside. I LOVE my Pig Palace!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are strong things!! like a little bulldozer and bite in a second. I watched a sow grab & consume a chicken before I could shout more that NO. You get a 3-500# tub bump you and you are down!! Then, they immediately begin a feed frenzy.

My AGHs were smaller and friendly BUT -- I would NEVER reach in when a pile of food was introduced! They just consume whatever.

Like a shark & blood...…….