Wonderful, wonderful people!

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Today DH came home with almost a quarter of a cow worth of butchered meat!!!

Some time ago we were OK financially and this family we knew was struggling. We helped them out. No thoughts of return, just the right thing to do. This morning the wife stopped DH and told him it was time for payback. He told her she didn't need to do that she said they had planned it all along that one day they would give back what they could. This is alot of meat! I am so grateful since we had not gotten any deer this season the meat freezer was a little bare. I feel better now. A full larder makes me sleep better at night.

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
How wonderful. Sometimes, we really do reap what we sow. So many people have helped me out through out my life. I hope I am finding ways to pass it on.

Inchy

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is so great On Our Own.
What a nice surprise and beef is a great thing to freeze and store!!!! You are set for a while and that is COOL

Nice people....payback can be great!
I know that freezer full takes a load off your mind!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
How wonderful of them!! That is just awesome!!!

Congrats on the beef!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
That is wonderful! Amazing how a little kindness can spread....kind of like a cold except it leaves you feeling warm and joyful inside LOL!!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Don't you just love days that turn out that way? How cool to think that this must be how they felt when you originally helped them. What goes around, comes around, only this time in a really nice way :)

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow! That really shows how much it meant to them that you cared enough to help them when they needed it.

Latest posts