woo hoo - new neighbors, with kids and chickens! :)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
The house next door finally changed hands, and I met the new neighbors today. How lucky can you get? They have three kids, basically the same ages as my two, plus they've had chickens in the past and intend on getting some again. And in contrast to the previous residents, who were disgusted at the idea of people killing and processing chickens right next door :p, the new woman asked if she could help next time I do it so she can learn how to process her own chickens :)

So, at least it's an auspicious start :) Now watch, our kids will turn out to hate each other or something, but, hey.

Pat

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
That is wonderful! It is so great to have like minded neighbors, and now you'll have someone to do that nasty job of plucking while you do everything else:>) :lol:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Aw, the kids will probably love each other. It's great that yours will have some new buddies.

Sounds like you may have some new buddies, too. :lol:

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
Five kids plucking, can't beat that!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Wonderful news! This coming from a mom who longed for neighborhood kids for mine to play with...never worked out for us. It is also wonderful that she is interested in learning from you. (I wish you lived next to me too...I don't think I can process chickens without a formal lesson either.)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Great to hear! We got new neighbours too a few months ago. A younger (not young, but younger than us)--no kids, no chickens, but thankfully no dogs either. (the last owners dogs killed my very first roo.)

We haven't met them yet, mainly b/c for the first few weeks when they drove by--they went out of their way NOT to look our direction, and NOT wave. They are now occasionally waving.

Can't complain. They are quiet, so therefore good neighbours. Hopefully yours will be too.

Latest posts