Word Play Game

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Beats me. I thought it was a brand name. I just have a vague memory of someone talking about their Davenport and Frigidaire. Give the lady a cigar! it once was a brand name. It is more like a futon since it can be converted for sleeping. and it has a hidden storage area under the seat. When I was a young buck I spent about a hour under one when the girl's parents came home unexpedtedly, you can fill in the rest of the story, but I got away clean....
Thought of a few more:

Here's it's always coffee, never java
Bag instead of sack Tote only the old folk still say tote sack, What about shoping carts? about 50% call them buggys

People in this area say 'fetch' instead of 'go get'. Hey, fetch that hammer for me. :D
and 'crick' instead of 'creek'
and '36 highway' instead of 'highway 36'
and 'tote' instead of 'carry'

and one of my personal favorites was when I heard a guy say that he had "chorin' to do", lots of work and chores to do.

Yes, my mom always called it a 'divan', too. I forgot about that one.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol: My 88 year old mother still calls a shopping cart a buggy.

I thought of another one. At our house, it's always salsa. Doesn't matter if it's picante, taco sauce or what, we call it salsa. Hot sauce is reserved for Louisiana Hot Sauce.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Tositodos (?) we call taco chips.

I say crick instead of creek. That's what my mom's stepmom always called the one in their back yard.

It's soda around here.

Haven't heard it in years, but a sink was a zinc, a goalie was a goldie, and I can't think of any others right now.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oh yeah, the buggy thing...I still say buggy, though I didn't when I was in GA because a Indian friend of mine there was named Bugyi pronounced buggy so to keep from saying something about pushing her i used the word cart instead :p It's a buggy again now though ;)

I say sack and bag both depending on my mood.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FC- you are the only person except for my DH and his family that I have heard call a hat a tabaggan, all these years I have laughed at that.Now to find out it is a realy word, I will never live it down.

It's soda around here

hot water tank

DH says samish for sandwich can ya tell he's from the south!

sack not bag

all mexican condiments are salsa

hot sauce is Tabasco

crick a creek is a noise