Work from home

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Has anyone worked as an administrative assistant from home? As in never go into the office, but work over phone and internet?

I had a former coworker from 2008 just email me with a problem she was having in her new job. Reminds me that HEY - I am GOOD at that stuff.

I don't know how I could make it work. GoToMeeting is sweet, I used that before in my last job where I did webinars on software training.

I have software, phone, 60 wpm typing... what would you do to land a job like that?

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I looked into that with several firms, including the one that Abifae works for. Unfort, they don't hire in California. I started to sign up with Virtual Assistant, but then didn't finish the application, cus I found a PT cash job via CL.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Where I work, we allow IT folks to work from home, as well as customer service reps, so it should work as AA, with probably a few exceptions -

- our AA "manages" some PC equipment like projectors (locked in her cabinet)
- our AA manages the office supply support station and common printers
- prints/prepares major presentations for the group

I've mentally reviewed most of the stuff I know she does, and yes, most of it could be done remotely.

The company I work for has strict rules about what defines a "home office" - particularly how it affects taxes and stuff like that.

I hope it works out for you!