workshops?

goatwhisperer

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm really new to this but I am very excited to start doing my part! Lol anyways I found this website that's called cob works, and they run workshops and I was wondering if anyone has been to one. Its not that expensive so its not like I'd be out a lot of money but its in Mexico and sometimes that can be scary. So please if you or someone you know has been please tell me all about it :)
Thanks!

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think if you look a bit you can find a free one in the USA! Cob is darn heavy so you are trading your muscle power for knowledge.

goatwhisperer

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Yea? I've been looking all over trying to find something cheap but efficient, I've looked into earth bags and monolithic domes but the earth bags I read that you can't "modernize" those ( I'm not looking to go crazy but I would like AC and a working stove and fridge) I live in Texas so AC would be super nice. But I really want to go off grid and have solar panels and all the works but I'm just having a hard time finding anyone/ anything to help or whatever

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Have you thought about straw bale homes.. it is put together with strawbales that are covered with chicken wire and cob/slip/clay or adobe. ( you may want to really research that for yourself). may be a bit less labor intensive and heavy. I'd love to try it here in Michigan as my earth oven(with help from a tarp in the off time) is doing fantastic in it's 4th year on the world. and it is mainly clay and straw.. :)