Worming goats......Freemotion? OhioFarmGirl? Ksalvagno?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i know that Free has good resources..but i'm not sure she's on line yet. karen is around tho - she might know

:)

and if that office manager gives you the business... i'm sure you could show her some sign language that she would understand.. IF you know what i mean
;-)

dont let those mean people push you around. you are doing a great job for them! AND i bet they have clients who have goats and need someone with practical experience. you could be the new goat girl! whooot!

just keep reading up. they probably have vet manuals around - hey pretty soon YOU will be the expert!

you're doing a great job, honey, you just keep keepin' on

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
The one on the Fias Co Farm site is easily printed. I printed one out on stiff paper and put it in two plastic sleeves. You will need about a half hour to make up your slide and view it, plus a few minutes to get used to the microscope. The coverslip has to sit on the flotation solution for about 15 minutes, so you can use that time to get used to the equipment.

Don't make up more than one slide at a time at first, though, if you use homemade flotation solution from epsom salts, as the salt will start to crystallize on the slide and it won't be viewable. Unless you are way faster than I am at viewing slides!

There are instructions on the Dairy Goat Journal's website, too, with some drawings. The article is called, "Fecal testing techniques for finding goat internal parasite eggs and larvae ." I don't have the link since I just copy/pasted that to my files and didn't copy the link. I figure you can find it with the title of the article. I like the Fias Co Farm pictures better, though.