WOW!! Coconut oil candy!! Need more recipes, please!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Okay, as usual, I'm late to the party. I finally got some extra virgin coconut oil. I did some fast reading on the 'net and made candy with the oil, toasted coconut and sliced almonds. In lieu of cocoa (I ran out, oops), I used some milk choco chips that I had.

Melted and mixed, used ice cube trays for molds and popped it in the freezer. Terrific! Love them!! Sure wish I would have remembered about starting out slowly when eating them. I feel the belly rumbling already.... :lol:

BUT! I could use a few more tried and true recipes to get that daily coconut oil. Anyone care to share? I'd prefer not to fry stuff in it, but hey, any recipes or tips are appreciated.

Our7Wonders

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We add about a Tablespoon to our hot cereal in the mornings. We soak it overnight in buttermilk first and then add the coconut oil as we're serving it. It tastes yummy that way - along with a little stevia and cinnomon.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our7Wonders said:
We add about a Tablespoon to our hot cereal in the mornings. We soak it overnight in buttermilk first and then add the coconut oil as we're serving it. It tastes yummy that way - along with a little stevia and cinnomon.
What kind of cereal are you soaking overnight?

I got the flavored oil. Tried it right out of the container, hardly tasted any coconut at all, but it definately was oil. I was surprised that it tasted more coconuty after it was heated a bit.

DH said it's going to be hard to limit himself to just a few a day, and he's right. Next time I'll use the cocoa powder and maybe honey for sweetening. But first, I gotta try it frozen to see if it really does taste like white chocolate...yum.

Our7Wonders

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I soak oatmeal, millet, buckwheat, or amaranth. Because the prices have skyrockedted on buckwheat and amaranth we mostly use just oatmeal or millet. We soak it with a little buttermilk and cook it up the next day. It our main staple breakfast.