WV DNR Website - You can now buy your license online!

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't think they had this service last year, at least I didn't notice. I always get on there to check the trout stocking schedule and found this today. Usually I procrastinate and forget to get my license, or I'll get to Walmart and forget to bring my DL. This is super convenient and if you lose it, you can go back and print another copy. Check your state's DNR. Maybe they'll have it too!

Now that my daughter is a little bigger, 3 1/2 years old, I plan on taking her at least once a week to go trout fishing this winter/spring and see if we can stock our freezer! :cool:

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is great that the DNR is doing that,...saves a lot of time! We never buy our hunting license, but we usually buy fishing license. My kids love to fish. Where do you trout fish at?? We are in the southeastern part of WV, so we do mostly the Greenbrier and the New River,..and of course the lakes,..Bluestone,.Summit,..and Moncove. Haven't done any trout fishing though,...:)

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm in just north of Charleston, on the border of OH. We don't have any good trout streams or rivers (I'd really like to learn fly fishing if I did!) We have a couple of small, man-made lakes that they stock. We just pop on some powerbait and bottom fish for trout...prop up your rod, sit back and wait for the action. :D

I don't really hunt, only been out a couple times on landowner, so I don't buy a hunting license either. I tell ya what though, this was so much nicer than standing in line waiting at the sports counter in Walmart. They usually act like it's a pain in their rear to have to write you up a license. This was easy!

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hate going to Walmart for anything! This will help for that problem. We usually get our license at our local "get everything" store though,..no standing around there,.:) I have a brother north of Charleston, him and his father-in-law always goes to the Ohio river and fishes. They have always told me there is good fishing there. We put in a pond on our place and stocked it,..as soon as the ice melts Im going out to see what I can catch! They have been in there for two years,...maybe a nice channel cat!! :D